Sr. Director, Product and Technical Marketing at VMware Carbon Black
This role will sit in VMWare's Security Business Unit. Our security business, which is centered around the VMWare Carbon Black platform, is a leader in endpoint and workload security, with over 18,000 customers worldwide. The mission of 1,800 employees is to keep the world safe from cyber attacks.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
The Sr. Director of Product and Technical Marketing, leads the product marketing, technical marketing, and competitive intelligence teams for the security business unit. This position reports directly to the Senior Vice President of Product Marketing, Strategy and Business Development.
We view product marketing managers as business owners who have a clear understanding of their markets and buyers, know the key drivers of their business, and take responsibility for the overall success of cross BU solutions in the marketplace. This role requires deep product domain knowledge of security, and close collaboration with our product development organization and other BU product marketing counterparts.
- Lead a team of product marketers to develop succinct and compelling positioning, messaging and value propositions in support of VMware Carbon Black solutions, composed both of our own technology, VMware integrations, and our partner ecosystem.
- Conduct market and competitive research, win/loss analysis, and assessments of our own products
- Know the customer. Go on sales calls and maintain close relationships with important customers and be able to evangelize how our products have been successful in different customer scenarios.
- Translate into compelling marketing content and assets (presentations, data sheets, white papers, case studies, videos, demos, etc.).
- Work with sales to understand the sales cycle such as buyer personas, sales motions and adoption barriers. Work with a cross functional team to streamline the sales cycle.
- Ensure messaging and content adoption across multiple marketing & GTM channels and programs (events, VBC, field, partners, digital, alliances, sales, channel partners, web, social media etc.).
- Develop enablement tools that will empower Carbon Black sales and channel partners to differentiate Carbon Black solutions and grow revenue in new and existing accounts.
- Oversee the product launch strategy, planning and execution, in collaboration with key functions within marketing, product, and sales.
- Serve as a market-facing subject matter expert for the Carbon Black Cloud platform and interface with industry analysts as the company representative.
- Establish strategies to drive retention, upsell and cross-sell for the product portfolio by partnering with key marketing functions, product, customer success, and inside and field sales teams.
What you'll bring:
- 15+ years of experience in product and solutions marketing
- >5 years security industry experience – with solutions for security operations.
- Strategic and analytical mindset with demonstrated ability to simplify complex concepts and articulate uniquely differentiated value propositions to both technical and business audiences.
- Strong analytical, leadership, and partnering skills. The ideal candidate possesses a blend of marketing, business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality in an emerging or established market.
- Be a good storyteller verbally and in writing. Be able to translate geeky-widget-speak into business benefits that resonate with customers and reporters.
- Demonstrated ability to influence up, down and across functionally to peers and the ability to collaborate among multiple groups.
Category : Marketing
Subcategory: Product Dev Marketing
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-08-25
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.