SEO Specialist at TripAdvisor
Why This Role Is Awesome:
If you enjoy the thrill of increasing rank on thousands of keywords, working fast, and being at a company where the CEO truly “gets” SEO, this role might be for you!
• Tripadvisor is growing its world class Search Engine Optimization team and is looking for an SEO Strategist to own analysis, execution, and search strategy for our Restaurants business unit.
• Tripadvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand.
• We take pride in our SEO and are looking for a superstar to add to our high-performing team.
What We're Looking For:
• You are a passionate search marketer who is knowledgeable about best practices and the latest new areas of SEO, and you also relish in the analytical aspects of the industry.
• You are detail-oriented, but can balance these details with the larger business objectives.
• You are quantitative, pragmatic, and methodical in your approach to SEO.
• You have relentlessly high standards, and are never satisfied with the status quo.
• You are invigorated, not intimidated, by large volumes of data and keywords. You are adept at analyzing data at scale.
• You have deep experience working on SEO on a global scale. You might even speak another language fluently.
• You are an ambitious self-starter who takes pride in being “first in class.”
• You are results-driven and have strong business acumen.
• You enjoy problem-solving and have a genuine curiosity about how consumers search for information.
• You work well with many types of people and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• You’re an excellent communicator, especially when incorporating data to substantiate your winning point.
What You’ll Do:
• Monitoring daily performance metrics to understand organic search performance across multiple global markets.
• Identifying growth opportunities in core areas such as site infrastructure, keyword selection, or on-page factors optimization.
• Writing specification documents and designing experiments to test new strategies and opportunities for growth.
• Analyzing experiment results and pushing forward next steps at a rigorous pace.
• Performing granular traffic and conversion analyses across multiple global markets to gain insight into keyword and landing page performance.
• Identifying and analyzing competitor techniques, as well as benchmarking TripAdvisor’s performance against competitors.
• Optimizing internal linking structures to maximize rankings across our keyword portfolio.
• Assessing and understanding each market’s needs related to Search, and communicating them to various internal and external stakeholders.
What We Seek:
• 5+ years of in-house SEO work experience with an industry-leading website.
• Demonstrated track record of analytical ability, including strong skills with Excel/Google Sheets and working knowledge of SQL.
• Experience with technical SEO, especially analysis and experimentation with on-page factors.
• Excellent interpersonal capabilities with a history of productive partnership with cross-functional stakeholders.
• Previous experience using data warehouse systems (Hive/Spark) and BI systems (Presto) strongly desired.
• BA or BS degree (preferred in quantitative field such as economics, mathematics, statistics, or computer science/engineering).