At Quick Base, we value our differences, and we encourage all-especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations-to apply.
Quick Base helps companies delight their customers, enrich their employees, and make the world a better place to live by being faster and more innovative. We're the #1 leader in low-code development platforms. Our platform enables non-technical business professionals to build powerful software applications-in minutes-to drastically streamline their work. Quick Base has broad adoption, with over 6000 companies, including over 50 of the Fortune 100 as customers. And we are growing fast.
Senior Technical Writer
Quick Base's product organization is looking for a Senior Technical Writer to lead the online help strategy for a software platform that empowers our customers to create mission-critical apps for their business. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Customer Education and Content Strategy, the ideal person for this role will be an experienced technical writer who uses data and insights to optimize help content for our user personas.
You'll partner with product teams and product management to design in-product guidance patterns, then you'll coach engineers and other designers on how to leverage that system to develop UI copy that is relevant, clear, and meaningful. By building strong relationships with our sales, marketing, and customer success partners, you'll also outline a strategy for how we communicate with users and prospects in product.
- 5+ years of technical writing experience, preferably for SaaS or PaaS company
- An expert in user-centered documentation, with demonstrated experience in establishing and executing content strategy in software
- Experience working with other writers, visual and interaction designers, and engineers and PMs on agile teams
- A demonstrated history of leveraging user insights and data to solve for content strategy or documentation ambiguities
- Drive the content strategy of our in-product help, our online help, as well as our API guide
- Know our product and users inside and out, prioritize work where our team can have the most impact, and connect your content decisions to user outcomes and business goals
- Around 20% of your time will be spent on release notes
- Use data and research to develop a strong understanding of customers' pain points–and use clear writing to elegantly solve them
- Contribute to a voice, tone, and style guide and work with interaction and visual designers to create patterns for our design language
- Partner with Development, Customer Success, Care, and Training teams to create high-impact documentation that drives app-building success and adoption