At Tamr we envision a world where people in large enterprises consume accurate, up-to-date, unified data distilled from many silos to deliver transformational outcomes. Our mission is to enable large enterprises to unify key data to realize maximum strategic and operational benefit. We believe that human intelligence cannot be replaced by machines, and assert that the best way to have accurate data is through a human-guided machine learning system that improves over time. We are building the core set of tools to enable companies to leverage their existing domain expertise and data, to produce clean, up-to-date data to be used as fuel to make better decisions and deliver transformational business outcomes.
We are currently looking for a Senior Technical Writer to be the second member of our documentation team as we continue to evolve the Tamr platform. With our growing customer base and increasing demand for additional services, we are adding to our documentation team.
As part of our Cambridge, MA-based team, you’ll establish the documentation practices at Tamr, and drive documentation initiatives that will help Tamr customers use the product. You will be a part of a small documentation team and thus can make a difference defining how Tamr creates documentation, and will play a key part in communicating with our users. The mission of the documentation team is to help Tamr customers deploy and use Tamr successfully and to foster customer independence. As an experienced technical writer with a focus on developer documentation, you will create engaging developer-level content around using the Tamr product. You will write documentation for new products and features, Tamr APIs, deployments to new cloud environments, and third-party integrations and tools. You will work together with the engineering team and participate in the development process.
As a member of the Tamr team some of the projects you will be working on are:
- Creating developer-level documentation, including code samples and diagrams that describe how to use Tamr microservices and APIs that drive various Tamr jobs, such as schema mapping, data mastering, backups, cluster generation, and creation of golden records.
- Working together with the existing technical writer to create and maintain a holistic documentation set.
- Collaborating with the engineering, product, marketing, and customer success teams to ensure content is comprehensive, helpful, and accurate.
- Working in a modern documentation toolchain, consisting of Markdown and Git. Also, making changes to the toolchain, such as moving to the in-house production environment with continuous integration and publishing.
- Working on micro videos, facilitating blog posts, in-context and in-product guidance (context-sensitive help), and using tools, such as Intercom or Appcues to create guided product tours.
You might be a good fit if you have 2 or more of the following qualifications:
- 5 years of technical writing experience.
- Bachelor Degree or greater in a Science-related discipline or equivalent.
- Can translate technical jargon into approachable, accessible content, including tutorials and how-to instructions.
- Have a clear passion to improve product user experience and enable our customers and are curious to help address customer pain points, especially for our data engineering user roles.
- Have worked in a startup environment and are flexible, willing to change gears quickly and work on a tight schedule.
- Have experience authoring in Markdown and using Git for checking in your changes.
Bonus points for...
- Experience with Restful APIs.
- Previous experience writing product documentation for enterprise-level software.
This position is available in Cambridge MA. Tamr sponsors employees requiring a visa. Tamr provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Read Full Job Description