Senior Technical Writer at PathAI
At PathAI, we're applying Computer Vision and Machine Learning in amazing ways to pathology and healthcare, with an aim to detect cancer and other diseases. We're applying our work to drug development, the clinical space, and as a global health initiative. Since it's the early days for us, there's a lot of work to do and a lot of great products to build, and a well-engineered experience is critical to the success of everything we aspire to do.
We're looking for a skilled Senior Technical Writer focused on creating comprehensive world class product documentation for our AI powered clinical pathology Image Management System, In Vitro Diagnostics (IVDs) including Companion Diagnostics.
If you're the right candidate, you'll be exercising all the skills you have and building new ones along the way:
- Collaborate with key members of a cross functional team including Product, Project, and Engineering Managers, Technical Leads, Software engineers, Regulatory and Clinical Affairs, legal, marketing and quality personnel.
- Take ownership of developing all the user facing documentation for our medical devices, including but not limited to the Instructions for Use, Troubleshooting Guide and Quick Reference Guides and meeting submission timelines.
- Standardize the format, style, and flow of manuals. Establish and maintain style guides and work instructions for documented best practices.
- Translate technical information and system requirements into text and graphics comprehensible by the end user.
- Work actively with Engineering to ensure alignment between system behavior and documentation.
- Work actively with Product Management and Regulatory to ensure alignment between user needs and documentation.
- Participate in Systems Engineering processes of risk assessment, human factors assessments, clinical studies and requirements according to regulations.
- Work cross functionally to adhere to company driven deadlines.
Our employees' skills come in all shapes and sizes, but to be successful in this role with us, you'll at least need:
- 5+ years’ experience working on documentation such as instructions for use and labeling for Medical Devices, ideally Class II or III in USA. Software as a Medical Device (SaMD) and global experience is a plus!
- Experience using industry standard graphics for medical device instructions for use
- A Degree supporting technical systems communication (engineering, tech writing, human factors etc.)
- An insatiable intellectual curiosity and the ability to learn quickly in a complex space
For the right candidate, we'll offer a competitive salary plus equity. We have a strong benefits package, including heavily-subsidized health, dental, and vision insurance plans to keep you in peak shape. It's rounded out by:
- Flexible work hours
- Three weeks of paid leave per year, plus holidays and extended leave
- Convertible sit-stand desks
- Your choice of computer equipment
- Free lunch on Fridays
- Snacks and drinks in the office – which currently include a mountain of Milano cookies and cold brew coffee and green tea on tap.
Most importantly, you'll be doing important work with a team of people you'll enjoy spending the day with.
PathAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications — that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.