Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
The Toast Product Marketing team is responsible for connecting the Sales, Product, and Marketing teams to inform product development and bring new products to market through customer segmentation, value-based messaging, sales knowledge transfer, and cross-functional marketing activation. In this high-impact team, you will gain substantial senior leadership exposure and the opportunity to drive long-term customer and shareholder value at a hyper-growth startup.
Onboarding & Services is part of the Customer Success organization at Toast and is responsible for onboarding new customers to our restaurant technology platform and providing post-live professional services to help customers get the most from Toast. As the Senior Product Marketing Manager for Onboarding & Services, you will partner closely with leadership in Customer Success, Marketing, Sales, Product and Finance to help inform go-to-market strategies, including packaging and pricing, for our suite of Services (POS onboarding, product activation, post-live professional services, etc). You will collaborate on key initiatives relating to buyer personas, product positioning and messaging, and qualitative and quantitative insights from customer and market research to inform pricing and packaging. The ideal candidate enjoys playing a significant role in setting company strategy, has a proven track record of launching new products and packaging, has strong analytical skills and excels in a hyper-growth environment. If you’re a cross-functional team player with strong communication skills and a “get stuff done” attitude, read on!
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Collaborate with leadership across Marketing, Sales, Product and Customer Success to develop and execute strategic initiatives and launch new Service offerings to drive revenue.
- Leverage data to unearth insights into buyer and customer needs and identify market opportunities to inform new marketing and sales strategies, and service offerings.
- Collaborate with Sales Enablement to drive sales productivity through product knowledge transfer, seller collateral, and value-based talk tracks.
- Develop sales and marketing experiments to test hypotheses and inform GTM strategies; including pricing and packaging recommendations. Using metrics to back-up your suggestions and decisions is a must.
- Prepare and present executive memos and presentations to drive alignment with senior leadership on Services strategy and planning.
- Juggle multiple projects, priorities, and stakeholders while creating high-quality work on time and on budget.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Proven experience in a fast-paced, diverse environment that can span marketing, product management, operational roles, finance or strategy consulting.
- Demonstrated proficiency in leading large cross-functional teams to achieve desired goals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to synthesize complex content into a clear and cohesive story.
- Data-minded with strong data and financial analytical capabilities.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail to ensure tight deadlines are met.
Special Sauce* (Nonessential Skills/Nice to Haves)
- Experience in SaaS, Technology, Professional Services, or other ancillary industries.
- Experience with Salesforce, SQL, and Looker.
*Bread puns encouraged but not required