Senior Product Marketing Manager - Core SMB
As one of the fastest growing Software-as-a-Service platforms in North America, Toast is a Google Ventures backed company that is revolutionizing the $800B restaurant industry. Founded in 2012 and launched in 2013, Toast was recently recognized as the 3rd fastest growing software company on the Deloitte Fast 500 and named to the Forbes Cloud 100. By embracing our customer community, Toast has developed a restaurant management platform that is allowing restaurateurs to delight guests, do what they love and thrive.
The Toast Product Marketing team is responsible for bringing to life the value, differentiation and proof points of our offering. Each product marketing manager is responsible for being a market expert, cultivating our buyer personas and being a champion of our prospects’ needs to help shape our strategic marketing campaigns, sales strategy and product roadmap.
In this role you will be responsible for managing an emerging product line for our SMB segment. You will need to be an entrepreneurial self-starter and someone who has strong interpersonal skills with a proven track record building strong partnership across sales, marketing and product.
If you’re a data-driven, hardware fanatic product marketer with strong communication skills and a “get stuff done” attitude, read on!
What you'll do:
- Be a market expert of the Restaurant Industry; actively shadow sales teams, interview clients and engage with influencers
- Deeply understand the buyer’s persona, conducting competitive and win/loss analyses
- Unearth insights into buyer needs and market opportunities to help define and influence product strategy and roadmap
- Develop and deliver business rationale to cross-functional team members and senior leadership in order to gain alignment and drive projects forward
- Manage product commercialization for all new core product releases
- Lead development of marketing programs, collateral, enablement and other required selling tools to support all commercialization efforts
- Collaborate with our Demand Generation, Corporate Communications, and PR teams to ensure we have a consistent and compelling message in market
- Understand market dynamics around price and make recommendations for pricing and commercialization strategies
- Act as a strong role model for peers and more junior marketing colleagues
Do you have the right ingredients?:
- BA/BS required, MBA nice to have
- 7+ years work experience in product marketing, product management, consulting or banking
- Prior experience in product marketing or product management in high growth technology companies strongly preferred
- Strong analytical skills and experience with market research and data analysis
- Demonstrated success introducing products to consumer/commercial market
- Ability to lead cross functional teams
- Highly collaborative mindset; experienced at working cross-functionally to drive results
- Ability to act as a positive, self-motivated leader who can inspire others to rise to new challenges
- Strong writer and verbal communicator, ability to build and maintain strong relationships across a rapidly growing organization
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail to ensure tight deadlines are met both internally and externally