Senior Manager, Loyalty Programs at TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. At TripAdvisor, you will be part of a dynamic, fun, and energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions.
TripAdvisor is the world’s largest information platform for travel. More than 400 million travelers around the globe come to our site and apps each month to discover and book the best things to do, places to eat, and accommodations. In 2019, the Membership and Growth team is focused on growing this member base and deepening member engagement. This critical role will be focused on designing and developing membership initiatives that positively shape the experiences, behaviors, engagement and lifetime value of our members.
About the role:
TripAdvisor seeks an experienced and passionate Senior Manager of Loyalty to assist in the conception and realization of its future member experience; including, responsibilities for visioning, strategy, business case/opportunity assessments and roadmaps. You will work with the Director of Loyalty and Vice President of Member Growth and Loyalty, to truly transform TripAdvisor’s current experience. Taking a data-driven, customer-centered and brand-grounded approach to defining key elements, you will help inform member incentives, earning behaviors, key experiences, services and compelling partnership initiatives.
You will work in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment, with an expectation to skillfully navigate ambiguity while outlining innovative ways to engage, excite and solidify trust and preference among TripAdvisor’s members for their travel planning needs. At times, this will call for outlining and driving focused analysis and synthesis -- e.g. detailed competitive audits, leading primary research efforts, defining and managing segment-based analytics workstreams. While at other times, you will be deeply committed to project management -- creating and updating detailed roadmaps and coordinating internal and external partners (e.g. Engineering, Analytics, Brand Marketing and Product, as well as external vendors) to collectively meet key project milestones.
What You’ll Do
- Deliver the insights, analyses, frameworks, recommendations and plans that contribute to the successful development of a best-in-class member experience for Trip Advisor
- Work hand in glove with Research, Analytics, and Brand Marketing partners to translate deep member and brand understanding into actionable and profitable choices for the business
- Synthesize, articulate and effectively present data analyses, insights and recommendations to stakeholders
- Collaborate with Engineering, Analytics, Brand Marketing, Product partners, Business Units and external partners to successfully execute on vision - from on-site features to go-to-market marketing plans
- Project manage all phases of new initiatives to ensure flawless, on-time delivery
- Drive sustained internal interest and engagement, with regular updates on project status and celebration of wins with the organization
What We’re Looking For
- Minimum 7+ years’ experience in relevant marketing or management consulting roles, with exceptional experience in membership, loyalty and/or rewards program design, launch and/or ongoing management
- Have experience in rethinking, evolving or building new loyalty, customer growth, and/or CRM strategies for a business with compelling business results
- Demonstrated experience growing and executing on brand and customer /segmentation-based strategies
- Results-driven with exceptional, demonstrable quantitative and analytical skills
- Experience partnering with research, data science and analytics teams to develop best-in-class and actionable insights, models and diagnostics
- Talented and creative strategist who can land the plane with exceptional project management and organization skills, as well as a keen eye for detail
- Must be a collaborative, cross-functional team player and comfortable partnering with a variety of teams from Engineering to Design
- Must exhibit superb verbal and written communication skills
- Must be a proactive self-starter, with a strong sense of accountability to deliver with minimal supervision
- Passionate about loyalty and membership programs, customer experiences and design, cracking customer wants, needs and behaviors and have a love of travel