Senior Manager, Global (Product) Portfolio Marketing at Skillsoft
Senior Manager, Global Portfolio Marketing - SumTotal
At SumTotal, we are all about making work matter. We believe every team member has the potential to be AMAZING. We are bold, sharp, driven and most of all, real. Join us in our quest to democratize learning and help individuals unleash their edge.
This Senior Global Portfolio Marketing Leader must have a passion and successful history for building and executing highly effective growth strategies and campaigns and delivering great products. In this role, you will take market, customer, product, and competitive inputs to develop the appropriate go-to-market strategies that accelerate customer value and drive revenue for our organization. The ideal candidate will have a passion for understanding our customers and market dynamics, exceptional understanding of product strategy and positioning, and a track record of cross functional collaboration to launch and scale products. To be successful, this role must be comfortable being personably accountable to achieve measurable marketing results and thrive in a fast paced, customer centric, agile marketing model and collaborating with both global, regional and business stakeholders.
- Leadership: You'll lead an agile diamond marketing team for the SumTotal business globally; in this role is responsible to lead market, competitive and customer research to shape how we position our products in the marketplace; and drive strategy with your deep understanding of our products, use cases, and buyer personas that results increased new business and high customer retention rates for the compliance business This role is accountable to achieve KPI targets as mutually established with the business and regularly reports to Senior Management and the Diamond Team on target performance.
- Product Positioning and Messaging: You'll understand our customers' needs and behaviors, define key benefits that differentiate our products and services, and deliver unified and compelling messaging across channels and partnerships to effectively promote our products and solutions.
- Market Differentiation: Effectively communicate the value proposition of our brand to the industry to differentiate the company and products. Work with SumTotal leadership and Sales to refine our industry narrative with respect to breadth and depth of capabilities, products and partnerships.
- Go To Market Strategy: Working closely with your global and regional marketing peers, Customer Market Leaders, and Sales, you'll lead an agile marketing diamond team to implement successful go to market and launch strategies for new products and features.
- Demand Generation and Customer Focus: strong marketing mindset coupled with proven demand generation, digital marketing acumen and customer focus are essential. You'll work collaboratively to deliver enterprise-wide demand generation campaigns that unify and amplify brand position, customer value, and ongoing customer communications. This role owns the campaign goals and objectives for the compliance business and reviews and revises programs to maximize their impact.
- Pricing Analysis and Modeling: You may work closely with the SumTotal Leaders and Corporate Strategy team to determine the optimal packaging and pricing strategies for our products.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing or related Business discipline required, MBA is a plus.
- At least 8 years marketing role that includes solid experience successfully implementing marketing plans across channels.
- Experience driving results within a matrixed global marketing organization ecosystem, agile marketing experience a plus.
- SaaS experience is strongly desired.
- Demonstrated experience developing positioning and messaging for products that serve multiple use cases and personas, and a proven track record of creating and executing successful go-to market plans.
- Expertise synthesizing customer, product, and marketing data to make analytic-driven recommendations.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and the ability to manage complex, cross-functional projects to completion.
- Highly motivated, positive attitude, and passionate about building profitable businesses.
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills with superior attention to detail. Track record of working with executive management.
- Software, high tech, and/or experience working in a highly regulated business is preferred.
- Travel as needed.
Personally Accountable for Team Success. We unleash our edge together.
Confident Achievers. We are bold.
Intellectually Curious. We are sharp.
Adaptable, Agile & Resilient. We are driven.
Customer First. We are real.
MORE ABOUT SKILLSOFT:
Skillsoft delivers online learning, training, and talent solutions to help organizations unleash their edge. Leveraging immersive, engaging content, Skillsoft enables organizations to unlock the potential in their best assets – their people – and build teams with the skills they need for success. Empowering 36 million learners and counting, Skillsoft democratizes learning through an intelligent learning experience and a customized, learner-centric approach to skills development with resources for Leadership Development, Business Skills, Technology & Development, Digital Transformation, and Compliance.
Skillsoft and SumTotal are partners to thousands of leading global organizations, including many Fortune 500 companies. The company features three award-winning systems that support learning, performance and success: Skillsoft learning content, the Percipio intelligent learning experience platform, and the SumTotal suite for Talent Development, which offers measurable impact across the entire employee lifecycle. Learn more at www.skillsoft.com.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we would love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.
Skillsoft is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer: It is the policy of Skillsoft Corporation to provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability (mental or physical), protected veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by law.