Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Toast is seeking a Senior Manager, Digital & Social Media to lead on building authentic relationships and enhance our brand within B2B and B2C audiences. In this role, creativity and inspired storytelling combine with powerful data-based marketing and hyper-personalized digital communication to create a genuine human connection that drives business results. As a part of our diverse community of marketers, you’ll create social-led programs that grow brand affinity, engagement, and traffic.
The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of the social media landscape and creating connected experiences that engage audiences and drive purchase consideration. You’ll also be responsible for building collaborations across key affiliates and partners to shape Toast’s story in the market. He or she will be an excellent communicator with strong, succinct writing skills, able to easily and authentically adopt a brand's voice.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Steer marketing plans and brand strategy through your expertise in digital channels. Serve as the voice of the restaurateur; articulate analytical & qualitative learnings effectively to the team and to key stakeholders.
- Define & drive the strategy to grow B2B and B2C audiences and user engagement for Toast on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tik Tok, YouTube, and other emerging channels, with a tailored approach for each.
- Develop & implement social-led campaigns to drive 2-way conversations with our audience and advance the industry forward, including but not limited to, influencer programs [in partnership with PR], driving and leveraging user-generated content, and sweepstakes / contests.
- Create engaging, clickable, shareable social content that encourages virality and increases brand awareness, traffic, and marketing engaged leads.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to recruit affiliates and partners to create, support, and execute on key Marketing initiatives. Manage creative firms and social freelancers to drive campaigns forward.
- Lead on our social community management with the support of freelancers.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 7+ years' experience in a related role or in agency with a strong portfolio.
- Demonstrated track record of developing organic content & programs that drive measurable audience growth and user engagement across multiple social channels.
- Experienced brand storyteller with a passion for developing innovative, compelling creative across photography, copy, and video; able to adapt creatively per channel.
- Deep understanding of social media analytics and business analytics; able to translate data insights into optimized, strategic, and compelling content.
- Experience in managing to a set budget & maximizing return on spend.
- Eye for visual design; has a high bar for development of beautiful content.
- Possess exceptional writing skills and pay close attention to detail, grammar, and tone.
- Highly resourceful, with creative problem-solving skills that focus on efficient execution while balancing big-picture thinking.
*Bread puns encouraged but not required