Senior Manager, Customer Advocacy at Toast
We’re not your traditional tech company. We recognize that talented people often come from outside the tech space. No matter what your background is, there’s a place for you at Toast. We’ve 86’d the conventional workplace for one where people can truly bring their full selves to work. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Bready* to make a change?
Toast is looking for a Customer Advocacy Senior Marketing Manager to activate our thriving community to spread the word about Toast and deepen our existing customer engagement. In this role you will be responsible for maximizing the impact of advocacy from Toast customers and local industry partners by telling their stories and driving word-of-mouth referrals. You will be responsible for driving our annual customer awards and developing new strategies for engaging our existing customer base. The ideal candidate is someone who thrives within a fast-paced environment, has a strong understanding of the B2B marketing funnel, is data driven and can effectively create customer advocacy programs that deliver tangible results.
About this roll*:
- Develop Toast’s advocacy marketing strategy and execute that strategy to drive quality referrals, increases customer satisfaction and deepens customer engagement with Toast
- Build Toast’s advocacy marketing strategy and execute campaigns focused on driving nonlinear referral opportunity growth from all segments of the customer base
- Onboard new advocacy management technology to scale with channel growth
- Drive rapid development of customer-facing case studies that can support sales, marketing, customer success that can be leveraged across various channels, mediums and customer/partner use cases.
- Manage a team responsible for our annual customer “Toasty Awards” to deepen customer engagement and drive referrals
- Work closely within the Marketing organization to identify advocacy opportunities in strategic campaigns and within the customer lifecycle
- Partner with Sales Enablement and Customer Success to develop training and activation programs that equip internal teams to solicit referrals from customers and local partners
- Own and drive forward Toast customer case study program and production
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- BA/BS required
- Salesforce and Marketo (or other CRM) experience preferred
- 5+ years experience in B2B funnel marketing
- Passion, empathy for customers
- Data-driven mindset
- Direct staff management experience
- Experience building and optimizing customer communities to drive engagement
- Strong copywriter and verbal communicator
- Strong marketing background in managing a variety of effective end-to-end customer marketing programs, including but not limited to: loyalty, advocacy and reference programs, user groups and advisory boards, communications and promotions.
- Ability to work effectively across the organization, especially with Sales and Customer Success, to influence behavior across multiple stakeholders
- Adaptive, resilient and able to succeed in a fast-paced, changing, dynamic environment- with proven ability to manage multiple projects, people and priorities
*Bread puns encouraged but not required