Senior Director, Brand Marketing at edX
edX, the trusted platform for education and learning, seeks a Senior Director, Brand Marketing to help develop and grow edX’s global brand profile. In this role, you will report directly to the Chief Marketing Officer and play an integral part in expanding edX’s reach and impact. You will have an opportunity to shape the future of education in a fast moving start-up environment where results count.
We seek a strategic and creative marketing leader who thrives on connecting with consumers. The ideal candidate has strong experience developing consumer brand platforms and leveraging earned media channels to reach global audiences. If you believe that brands can be a force for good in the world, and you’re motivated to demonstrate the impact of brand marketing on building communities and fueling a movement, this may be the role for you.
- Develop and maintain an inspiring global brand identity for the edX brand
- Define and implement an integrated media and communications strategy spanning social, PR, thought leadership, partnerships, ambassadors, and community development
- Actively seek external opportunities to grow edX’s brand and audience through partnerships, media, and community
- Develop and manage a cohesive marketing calendar including seasonal messaging strategies to drive business objectives across brand marketing channels
- Collaborate with product marketing and growth marketing teams to maximize the impact of brand marketing efforts
- Act as a brand evangelist for the internal team to drive excitement and alignment around the brand vision and to ensure the brand is appropriately manifested across all expressions
- Establish brand affinity, awareness, and consideration metrics and implement measurement methodologies to track progress to goals
- Lead consumer insights and market intelligence efforts to inform target audience definition and deepen audience understanding
- Manage internal and external brand creative resources to deliver marketing campaign assets and collateral
- Lead and develop a creative, innovative, digitally focused team of 7
- Manage all aspects of brand and creative marketing budgets
- 10+ years building brands and communities through tight brand narratives and compelling storytelling
- Experience leveraging digital properties and communities to expand reach
- Equal parts strategic, creative, and analytic. Strong creative sensibility.
- Customer-focused, innovative, and motivated by edX’s mission
- Highly collaborative
- Excellence in building cross-functional relationships and alignment across diverse stakeholders
- Passion for results, measurement, and optimization to continuously drive results
- Ability to think out of the box and test new, creative approaches and strategies
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
- Embraces edX culture, leadership style, and competencies.
Applicants must be able to work out of our Cambridge, MA office. Sorry, Visa sponsorship is not available.