Senior Associate, Social Media at Toast
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Toast is seeking a Senior Associate, Social Media who can enhance our brand and build strong online communities through our social platforms. You will own all social media channels and be in charge of building out sub-accounts under the Toast brand. You’ll also serve as a key stakeholder on campaigns, collaborating closely across marketing and internal teams.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Define & drive the strategy to grow audiences and user engagement for Toast on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tik Tok, YouTube, and other emerging channels, with a tailored approach for each.
- Develop & implement new strategic initiatives to drive 2-way conversations with our audience in social channels, including but not limited to, influencer programs, driving and leveraging user-generated content, and sweepstakes / contests.
- Create engaging, clickable, shareable social content that encourages virality and ensures the brand remains a top-of-mind source of restaurant inspiration.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with partners internally to create, support, and execute content and campaigns to support key Marketing initiatives. Manage external social freelancers to drive campaigns forward.
- Determine, monitor, and report on all social channel goals. Apply any data-driven insights to optimize each channel strategy accordingly.
- Collaborate with teams to ensure that designs clearly communicate our objectives and meet our goals for improving customer satisfaction and/or driving marketing leads down the funnel.
- Serve as the voice of the restauranteur; articulate analytical & qualitative learnings effectively to the team and to key stakeholders.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 3-5 years experience in a related role or in agency with a strong portfolio.
- Demonstrated track record of developing organic content & programs that drive measurable audience growth and user engagement across multiple social channels.
- Experienced brand storyteller with a passion for developing innovative, compelling creative across photography, copy, and video; able to adapt creatively per channel.
- Deep understanding of social media analytics and business analytics; able to translate data insights into optimized, strategic, and compelling content.
- Experience in managing to a set budget & maximizing return on spend.
- Must be a collaborative, cross-functional team player and comfortable partnering with variety of teams.
- Eye for visual design; has a high bar for development of beautiful content
- Possess exceptional writing skills and pay close attention to detail, grammar, and tone
- High degree of comfort communicating insights and presenting results to leadership
- Highly resourceful, with creative problem-solving skills that focus on efficient execution while balancing big-picture thinking.
- Strong sense of ownership and entrepreneurial spirit; scrappy and proactive, always looking for ways to take initiative and improve existing programs / processes.
- Exceptional time management and project management skills, requiring minimal supervision.
*Bread puns encouraged but not required