Public Relations Manager, North America - US Remote at Vista
Vista is the design and marketing partner to millions of small businesses around the world. As a global, remote-first company, Vista has a growing footprint with team members working in more than 25 countries. For over 20 years we've been inspired by small businesses, and we work incessantly to deliver solutions to their evolving needs. Together, VistaCreate, 99designs by Vista and VistaPrint represent a full-service design, digital and print solution, elevating small businesses' presence in physical and digital worlds and powering them to achieve success.
Vista is looking for a PR superstar to develop and implement innovative public relations programs to enhance reputation and increase overall brand awareness in our US and CA markets. In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing strategic storytelling efforts and developing compelling editorial content that positively positions the Vista brand and supports our strategic priorities. You will act as counsel to senior leadership and work to secure ongoing media opportunities for our subject matter experts.
Reporting to the Global Head of PR and Communications you will use your natural proactivity, excellent project management skills and media relations know-how to help drive the success of this team. In this role you will mostly be responsible for managing PR campaigns in North America but will partner closely with your European PR counterpart to create global strategic communication tools and strategic plans for local country teams.
What You Will Do:
- Planning and executing PR projects and campaigns focused on US and Canada and providing additional support for initiatives in other markets
- Liaising with senior executives to grow their profile externally and advise on reputational issues
- Partnering with US and Canadian country managers and marketing channel owners to develop and execute on integrated, relevant campaigns and initiatives
- Working closely with the Brand Management, Integrated Marketing, Content Marketing, Social Media, Influencer, Affiliate and Organic Search teams to plan integrated and mutually supportive campaigns
- Managing agencies, ensuring projects are executed both successfully and on time
- Drafting and/or copy-editing press releases and corporate announcements
- Developing relationships with key influencers in the small business space
- Maintaining and updating the Vista Newsroom site -posting press releases, sharing relevant coverage, uploading resources and fielding inbound queries
- Filtering and responding to incoming queries addressed to the NA PR email address and acting as backup for the incoming queries addressed to other global PR teams
- Preparing weekly briefings for wider subset of team members on the latest small business news and trends from North America as well as recent coverage about Vista and its related brands
- Working with colleagues in other marketing channels to ensure PR projects get visibility amongst our customer base -including social media, email and websites
- Monitoring competitor PR activity and presenting to the team when required
At Vista, we value the experiences that individual team members add to our culture. Please don't hesitate to apply even if you don't meet the exact qualifications, we look forward to learning more about you!
- More than 8-10 years of PR experience in North America (agency or in house)
- Excellent media relations skills and a strong understanding of newsworthiness for coverage opportunities
- A passion for creativity, with the desire and ability to come up with original PR stories and campaign ideas
- Exceptional project management skills, able to drive large projects from start to finish
- Experience working on PR campaigns that incorporate social media/content marketing elements
- Exceptional press release and byline writing skills
- Fantastic network of media contacts
- Agency management experience
- Strong communication skills with the confidence and ability to work effectively with senior stakeholders and executives
- Cooperative team worker with a proactive approach and the ability to take the initiative
Why You'll Love Working Here:
Being at Vista means that you don't see work as just a building, a desk or a manufacturing floor. You see it as a chance to take a step forward in your career journey - and your life. We strive to give you everything you need to learn, grow, and succeed. Through innovation, collaboration, and perpetual exposure to what's next, we're always pushing boundaries and broadening our horizons. We embrace the chance to operate outside of our comfort zone to discover what we're capable of. Some might call that a challenge; we just call it another great day at work.
Vista has received numerous recognitions including a perfect score of 100 on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's 2021 Corporate Equality Index (CEI) naming us a Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality. We also earned a place as one of the best remote-first workplaces in the U.S. and on the Boston Best Places to Work list from Built In. In addition, Vista's CEO, Robert Keane, was recently honored with Comparably's Best CEOs award, listing him among the top CEOs according to employees. Vista offers numerous support systems including Employee Resource Groups like Pride, Mosaic, and Women in Technology, and special interests communities to foster awareness, respect, and inclusion within the workplace.
In 2020, Vista adopted a Remote-First operating model and culture. We heard from our team members that having the freedom, autonomy and trust in each other to work from home and, the ability to operate when they are most productive, empowers them to be their best. Vista also provides collaboration spaces for team members to work physically together when it's safe to do so and when in-person collaboration will deliver the best results. Currently we are enabled to hire remote team members in over 30 US States as well as several countries in Europe, including Spain, Germany, UK, Czech Republic, the Netherlands and Switzerland.
As an e-commerce powerhouse, Vista creates customer value (and delight) through accessible, cutting-edge technology. We are the marketing partner to millions of small businesses around the world. For more than 20 years, we have helped small businesses look and feel credible through high-quality marketing products and solutions that include signage, logo apparel, promotional products, face masks, flyers, postcards, business cards, websites and digital marketing. With Vista, small businesses are able to create and customize their marketing with easy-to-use digital tools and design-templates, or by receiving expert graphic design support. In 2020, Vista acquired 99designs to expand its design offering via a worldwide community of more than 150,000 talented designers to make it easy for designers and clients to work together to create designs they love. Vista is focused on making great marketing and design accessible to every small business owner, allowing them to create a cohesive brand image for use in-store, online and on-the-go.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Vista, a Cimpress company, is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, nationality, age, religion, citizenship, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender presentation, legal or preferred name, marital status, pregnancy, family structure, veteran status or any other basis protected by human rights laws or regulations. This list is not exhaustive and, in fact, in many cases, we strive to do more than the law requires.
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Segment: Merchandising, Drafting, Manager, Work from Home, Project Manager, Retail, Engineering, Management, Contract, Technology