Product Marketing Manager at WhiteSource
Are you a passionate product marketer looking for an incredible opportunity to make a huge impact at a growing company in the hot DevSecOps space?
We are looking for a key contributor to help drive product marketing efforts for our market-leading DevSecOps and open source management products and tools. This person will develop product messaging and positioning, execute on product launches, gather competitive intelligence, educate the sales team, and more – all to advance WhiteSource’s leadership position in this space.
About us: WhiteSource sells a platform to help companies manage the open-source software embedded in their products. WhiteSource identifies open-source components and dependencies in a customer’s proprietary software, providing tools to manage the compliance, security, reporting, and licensing of open-source components.
Founded in 2011, WhiteSource now has more than 100 employees with offices in Israel and the U.S. WhiteSource became backed by Susquehanna Growth Equity in August 2018, enabling it to accelerate growth. In the past, it raised from 83North and Microsoft.
· Develop product messaging and positioning that differentiates our products within the market; this includes understanding our customers, our competition, and a deep understanding of our products and ecosystem.
· Execute on product launches, including developing messaging/positioning, content creation, and sales enablement tools.
· Develop presentations/slideware to illustrate the benefits of new products/features that target both business and technical buyers.
· Speak/present at relevant industry events.
· Create and collaborate on various types of marketing content, including web copy, data sheets, blogs, press releases, white papers, video scripts, and customer case studies.
· Gather competitive intelligence and educate sales how to position vs the competition.
· Track and report on product marketing activity via various success measures, including product adoption metrics, digital marketing analytical tools, and more.
· 3-5 years of product marketing or product management experience in a software company; familiarity with one or more of application security, software development, DevOps, or open source desired.
· Experience taking technical concepts and turning them into effective messaging and positioning.
· Experience working in a growing company in an emerging area, where processes are evolving.
· BA/BS in business, marketing, or a technical field; MBA desired.
· Impeccable written and verbal communication skills.
· High creativity, attention to detail, and strong organizational and project management skills.