Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
The Toast Product Marketing team is responsible for connecting the sales, product, and marketing teams by gathering market insights to inform product development and bringing new products to market through customer segmentation, value-based messaging, sales knowledge transfer, and marketing activation. This is a high-impact role that will offer substantial senior leadership exposure and the opportunity to drive long-term shareholder value at a hyper-growth startup.
In this role, you will inform the go-to-market strategy for our Employee Cloud product pillar by leading important initiatives such as buyer persona development, target audience segmentation, product positioning and messaging, and qualitative and quantitative insights from customer and market research. The Employee Cloud product line is a suite of solutions to help restaurants hire, manage, pay and retain their teams. The ideal candidate enjoys working within an emerging business unit,, and excels in an independent role working with diverse teams. If you’re a team player with strong communication skills and a “get stuff done” attitude, read on!
About this roll*
- Become the market expert on the restaurant employee landscape by actively shadowing sales teams, interviewing our prospects and customers, and utilizing sources of additional market research
- Build a project plan and lead efforts to develop buyer personas and target audience segments for our solution
- Refresh our core messaging assets to align to the value drivers identified in your buyer persona and audience segmentation work
- Standardize our win/loss process and cadence of reporting back to product/business stakeholders
- Provide Product Marketing support for Payroll feature updates
- Partner with Customer Marketing and Demand Generation teams to develop content assets for use by marketing and sales teams to differentiate our solution in the market and create urgency for our buyers
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Deeply curious about our market, competitors and our customers; Understands the drivers of our business and has an ability to successfully position our capabilities.
- Strong writer, presenter, and verbal communicator
- Ability to build compelling storylines and recommendations based in both quantitative and qualitative data analysis to compel action
- Experience with primary research, including customer interviews
- Highly collaborative mindset; Skilled at influencing others
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail to ensure tight deadlines are met
- Comfortable navigating an environment where change is expected and seeks to create certainty by applying process and organization, aligning with overall business strategy.
- Proven experience in a fast-paced, diverse environment that can span product marketing, product management, customer marketing, or strategy consulting.
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
At Toast, we believe that the success of our business and our customers comes only with the success of our employees.
Our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are empowered to succeed, Toast succeeds in achieving our mission to enable our community of restaurateurs to delight their guests, do what they love, and thrive. The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals. At the heart of this is our hospitality mindset of ensuring everyone feels welcomed and included, and our Toast values and behaviors that best define who we are as Toasters.
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.