Product Marketing Manager, Degree Programs
Are you ready to join a startup that’s transforming education? At edX, our mission is to offer a world-class education to everyone, everywhere, allowing them to gain the in-demand skills and knowledge that will lead to career and lifelong success. Today, edX.org, a not-for-profit in Cambridge provides more than 16 million people access to education from the best universities and institutions in the world, including Harvard, MIT, and Oxford. edX provides inspirational and transformative knowledge to students of all ages, social status, and income who form worldwide communities of learners.
Does that sound like a company you could work for?
edX is looking for a highly motivated, intellectually curious product marketer who will have a direct impact on growing our Master’s Degrees segment while working in a dynamic mission-driven organization.
Reporting to the Director of Product Marketing, the Product Marketing Manager will work as part of the marketing team in the development and execution of marketing and lead generation plans aimed at achieving program-specific enrollment targets for our Master’s programs. He/she will function as a Brand Manager for the Master’s product and is a self-starter, with experience in higher ed, excellent communication skills, and an appetite to grow and scale multiple degree programs. They will manage an Associate Product Marketing Manager, also focusing on Master’s Degrees on edX.
- Develop strategic marketing plans, target audiences, and personas for individual Master’s degree programs to attain application goals. Work with university partners and vendors as needed to set optimal goals. Work with the marketing team to implement those plans and evaluate the success of segmented communications to reach and engage the target audiences.
- Alongside the Lead Generation manager, conceive of and execute various techniques to create awareness such as developing plans to create and place digital advertising, promoting and supporting webinars, social media, paid search, generating media mentions, etc.
- Develop the plan for and work with the design team to create various sales collateral for use across various channels. Manage production of fully-integrated marketing campaigns including digital, email, paid and organic social, brochures, web content, PowerPoint presentations, success stories, articles and press releases.
- Track, measure and evaluate marketing communications campaigns for impact, effectiveness, and iterative planning
- Continuously seek to improve marketing strategies and tactics through an ongoing exploration and importation of creative ideas, for both individual degree programs as well as the edX portfolio of Master’s degrees
- Craft presentations, online content and collateral about our Master’s degrees and the edX brand for use by edX leaders at speaking engagements, in sales presentation, and in webinars.
- Work cross-functionally with Product, UX, Design, and marketing channel owners to align site and collateral implementation
- Work with IT, Lead Generation teams, University partners, and the Master’s program manager to build and monitor the systems integrations for optimized lead flow
- Professional-level marketing experience in higher education
- 4-5 years of related work experience with 2 years experience in lead generation activities
- Experience writing and creating materials, with meticulous attention to detail, for a variety of formats: websites, email, social media, powerpoint, documentation and sales material
- Analytical skills with an ability to translate metrics into actions to continually improve product marketing effectiveness
- Ability to translate complex subjects into understandable and motivating copy
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Positive attitude, deadline driven, energetic, motivated, and resourceful
- People management experience
edX is an MIT Start-up company that offers a highly competitive benefits plan, a pension program, free lunches every day as well as a plethora of other fun perks and access to some of the smartest people on the planet! Are you ready to be a part of our Mission?
Applicants must be able to work out of our Cambridge, MA office. Sorry, Visa sponsorship is not available.