Paid Acquisition Manager at 2U, Inc. (Cambridge, MA)
edX seeks a Paid Acquisition Manager to join our Growth Marketing team and play a critical role as the paid acquisition lead within a dynamic, mission-driven organization.
This is a hands-on role with direct control over edX’s paid acquisition campaigns on Google Ads, Facebook, LinkedIn, and future networks/channels. This hire will create, analyze, optimize, and launch campaigns and ads to drive direct results.
The role demands a savvy digital marketer with a proven capacity to problem solve through ambiguity, a stubborn refusal to settle, and a results-focused mindset. This position offers an individual contributor significant opportunity to grow and develop into the next stage of their career. It reports into the Senior Manager of Growth Marketing.
- Launch, monitor, manage, and optimize ongoing advertising campaigns
- Analyze results in ad platforms, GA, and Tableau
- Track budget
- Analyze and report on ROAS
- Hands-on manage and optimize key paid media channels (3rd party media buying, paid social, retargeting, display, etc.)
- Manage and optimize budget and bids across campaigns, ad sets, and ads to deliver positive return on marketing spend
- Perform optimization tasks, such as keyword research, bid adjustments, and writing attractive and concise copy for ads.
- Actively execute, measure, and create a knowledge base for A/B tests on ad copy and landing pages to continually improve performance and identify trends
- Manage external agency partners, ensuring optimal ad messaging/creative and progress towards agreed upon milestones
- Own channel measurement and reporting: tracking, monitoring, and optimizing performance against goals to understand effectiveness of strategies and identify opportunities for improvement
- Distill data and metrics into actionable insights that support clear recommendations
- Assist with website-related tasks
- Collaborate with colleagues to design, write, and build new campaign assets, such as ad creative and landing pages
- 5+ years of SEM and display advertising experience
- Experience building and managing multiple campaigns within Google Ads and display networks
- Experience in building and managing advertising campaigns for eCommerce platforms
- Experience maximizing performance in Paid Search campaigns
- Experience understanding the interplay between Google Ads and Google Analytics
- Experience building and optimizing advertising campaigns on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter
- Experience with media buying, working with external agencies, and vendor partnerships
- Proficiency and comfort with all major digital ad platforms and networks
- Experience building, executing, and scaling performance marketing across digital channels, including paid search, display, retargeting, and paid social
- Detail-oriented, with strong analytical and reporting skills
- Excited to experiment and learn from failure while honing new channels.
- A data-driven approach to campaign testing development that is highly analytical, experiment-driven, and rigorously measured, focused on identifying insights and making improvements in conversion throughout the funnel.
Plusses (but not required)
- Experience in higher education or education technology
- Experience inside a SaaS-based organization
- Experience working with marketing automation and CRMs such as HubSpot and Salesforce.
- Tableau expertise
- Experience creating dashboards in Excel or Google Sheets
Why you’ll like it here:
- We’re on a mission to unlock our learners' potential on a global level, seeking to create a more diverse, equitable and inclusive world.
- We set outcomes that matter and provide value in all that we do, from building meaningful products to serving the edX community.
We understand that applying for a job can be intimidating. Applicants rarely meet every single job requirement, and we know there are many skills and backgrounds that will contribute to success in this role.
That said, if this role looks like a great next step for you, please apply… even if you can’t “check every box.” We’d love to hear from you!
edX is the education movement for restless learners. Together with our founding partners Harvard and MIT, we’ve brought together more than 38 million learners, the majority of top-ranked universities in the world, and industry-leading companies onto one online learning platform that supports learners at every stage. And we’re not stopping there. We’re relentlessly pursuing our vision of a world where every learner can access education to unlock their potential, without the barriers of cost or location.