Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We are looking for effective communicators with a passion for sharing our message.
Over 65,000 teams around the world rely on DigitalOcean to run their company's application workloads. From servers that scale up in seconds to solutions for high availability, data storage, security, and networking, developers rely on us to uncomplicate their infrastructure. With DigitalOcean, users can run distributed SaaS applications, process and analyze datasets, automate testing their code, and deploy open source monitoring and logging tools.
As a marketing copywriter you will be in charge of creating top-notch content for DigitalOcean’s externally facing channels, including the corporate blog, social platforms, websites, videos (scripting), webinars, podcasts, customer success stories, emails, landing pages, bylined articles, and our quarterly developer survey, “Currents.”
This role requires someone who understands how effective content serves as a pillar for marketing. The ideal candidate has significant experience in the tech industry, producing content with (and for) engineers, and has experience in technical writing for the developer community.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Grow the DigitalOcean brand through compelling original content creation
- Write and edit copy for the corporate blog and social channels
- Write web copy and draft scripts for technical and branded videos
- Write customer communications and supporting assets such as emails, landing pages, and surveys
- Partner with the Acquisition team to create copy for multi-channel marketing initiatives
- Work on cross-functional content initiatives with the Product, Marketing, and Engineering teams
- Copyedit and proofread content as needed
What We’ll Expect From You:
- Exceptional Writer: You are a seasoned writer with examples of your amazing writing style to prove it. You’ll have at least 5 years of copywriting experience.
- Technical Knowledge: You have the ability to translate complex technical ideas into compelling everyday language. You are credible within the developer community.
- Team Player: You have a proven track record of managing stakeholders and working cross functionally across organizations.
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge, and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our office to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.