Marketing Automation Manager at Toast
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
The Marketing Operations team plays a key role in Toast’s Go-to-Market Strategy. By conceptualizing and executing operational strategies and plays, the team supports the full range of Marketing functions. The team is a resource to team members and thought partners in developing strategy and technology investments.
The Marketing Automation Manager will lead key projects for the Marketing and Go-to-Market organization ensuring high quality leads reach our sales team. This person will work cross functionally and with Marketing Operations team members to manage the implementation of systems, tools and reporting structures for new products, e-commerce solutions and new marketing channels.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Go-to Marketing Operations team member to bring complex builds to life in Marketo, plays a supporting role in ideation but where this person really shines is bringing an idea to life and effectively activating team members to work within the complexity seamlessly
- Supports program owners in balancing current state build needs with future state scalability and health of systems
- Active member in sprint planning, prioritization, and understanding of scoping level of effort and personal capacity
- Support the Marketing Operations Team Lead on the management of the Marketing Technology roadmap by helping to strategize and procure the next generation of Marketing Technology
- Work collaboratively with cross functional teams on new product planning, marketing infrastructure and sales channel design and implementation
- Communicate effectively across teams to drive projects forward and share progress
- Drive collaboration across the Marketing Operations, Business Systems and Business Intelligence teams to identify inefficient processes and apply automation technology and best practices to solve them
- Improve Marketing data quality (including data append and deduplication) through systematic database cleansing, leveraging data collection best practices and vendor engagements.
- Collaborate across teams to improve processes that drive speed and efficiency in systems.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Certified Marketo Expert/Champion
- Required experience with integrated CRM (Netsuite, Salesforce.com)
- Ambiguous problem solver who can take technical solutions and enable non-technical users to effectively use and scale
- Strong project management skills, priority-setting capability, ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Strong proficiency with system integration principles, experience troubleshooting points of system failure
- A proven project leader. Someone that can own a project from conception to completion
- Curious and detail oriented; enjoys working with data and new technology.
- Works well independently and part of a team
- Adaptable and comfortable with a fast paced work environment, works well under deadlines
- Approaches work as an accountable stakeholder with empathy and understanding for colleagues and target audiences
Special Sauce* (Nonessential Skills/Nice to Haves)
- Familiarity with B2B Marketing Funnel measurement/ Sirius Decisions Waterfall
- Experience with Agile project management
- Experience with Partner Relationship Management tools
*Bread puns encouraged but not required