Manager, Corporate Communications at VMware Carbon Black
We are looking for a manager-level professional to join the team responsible for communicating VMware’s business and technology news and stories, specifically with respect to the company’s security portfolio. This individual will use storytelling to influence VMware’s company reputation and manage communication programs in support of VMware’s security business unit.
This individual will be responsible for developing and executing a multi-pronged social and communications strategy, producing original thought leadership content, driving global media relations strategy and managing reporting and metrics. In addition, this person will assist with managing external agencies, award submissions, product reviews and other keys tasks.
- Develop the long-term strategic direction for and oversee all digital/social strategic planning and organic executional efforts across all aspects of the VMware Security Business Unit. Establish benchmarks and methods to measure the effectiveness of digital/social media platforms and initiatives.
- Manage content creation for key communications vehicles, including news releases, media pitches, blogs, research reports, spokesperson quotes, messaging documents, FAQs and award submissions.
- Manage existing influencers relationships and help reach new and strategic external media outlets, social channels and contribute to VMware’s own digital news and thought leadership site. Work across the global communications team to land “connected communications” outcomes. Collaborate to secure high-impact media coverage through proactive storytelling, scaling globally.
- Participate in a news bureau effort to identify and drive a regular drumbeat of stories to support business goals. As part of this news bureau, excel at opportunistic storytelling inserting the VMware Security Business Unit voice into topical, industry and competitive news-cycles.
- Over time, provide effective communications counsel to executives, corporate spokespeople and other stakeholders.
Qualifications & Skills:
The ideal candidate will have experience creating, managing and executing PR, social and storytelling programs for high-profile enterprise technology brands, preferably in cybersecurity. She or he should be an outstanding communicator, a storyteller by nature and a news junkie who wants to always participate in that next story. The individual in this role will distill complex concepts into compelling stories and develop a range of platforms to tell them. Strong writing, media relations, presentation and program measurement skills are a must. She or he will also have experience collaborating across functional teams and possess the ability to influence, build consensus and drive action in a fluid work environment.
- 4 – 6 years in technology public relations, corporate communications social media or related experience with a high-growth publicly held company. Deep public relations experience within the security software industry is an advantage.
- Adept at both the art and science of PR – wonderful creativity combined with a clear head for business.
- Strong media / influencer relationships; traditional media relations and social media expertise.
- Strategic, creative thinker, communicator and collaborator; able to manage and engage across multiple projects and develop positive relationships across the business.
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills.
- BS/BA in Business, Marketing, or Communications preferred.
- Previous experience at a PR agency is preferred though not required
Category : Marketing
Subcategory: Public Relations
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-09-09
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.