Manager, Consumer Product Marketing at TripAdvisor
We are looking for an exceptional and ambitious marketer to join Tripadvisor’s consumer product marketing team. The Consumer Product Marketing Manager will be responsible for translating Tripadvisor’s global brand strategy into traveler-centric communications and campaigns that make our most valuable products and features famous with our visitors and members.
Reporting to the Director of Consumer Activation, the successful candidate will own the go to market plan and marketing strategy for Tripadvisor brand products and features. You will manage the development, execution and measurement to drive adoption of our core products throughout the traveler life-cycle journey. You will need to collaborate with various teams including product, brand, design & copy creative teams, CRM, research, analytics, and legal to make these products famous amongst our visitors and members.
This position calls for a highly collaborative, creative, organized, and innovative marketer to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously with a positive and proactive attitude. The ideal candidate is someone who is customer-obsessed, and understands how to develop and coordinate marketing strategies that truly move behavior.
What You’ll Do:
- You’ll own the whole marketing strategy, positioning, working with all of the different channel owners, email, PR, social brand to bring that product to market
- Partner with product management and research to define consumer-facing value propositions and key benefits for new Tripadvisor products and features
- Develop go to market strategies and messaging guidelines to activate travelers and Tripadvisor members
- Oversee execution of channel marketing plans across all Tripadvisor channels including but not limited to: on-site education, email, push, social media, PR, app stores, and digital advertising
- Align with product and analytics to develop and measure consumer growth KPIs and define campaign success
- Work closely with the creative teams to develop and execute targeted campaign deliverables, and with the Brand team to ensure all creative assets and campaigns support the Tripadvisor brand strategy
- Work with User Research Team to develop actionable, data-driven insights to inform product and marketing roadmaps, messaging and rollout
- Define how products and features fit within the Tripadvisor member journey, and is able to champion how adoption and engagement with the product will drive value for the traveler and Tripadvisor
- Be an internal champion of creative excellence and on-brand communications, and is rigorous about thinking traveler-first
- Identify strategies to leverage behavioral and mindset audience segments in order to convert visitors into valuable, loyal Tripadvisor members
- Seek out and bring innovative outside industry best practices to existing programs
What We Seek:
- 4+ years of marketing experience, ideally in a B2C environment
- Previous Product Marketing experience strongly preferred
- You’ve previously worked in CRM, retention and/or loyalty marketing
- Experience building marketing programs to target specific customer segments
- You’ve influenced cross-functional teams to bring new products to market
- Experience working with creative teams (design and copy) with a rigorous focus on excellence
- Adept at developing insights-driven hypotheses for how we can drive deeper engagement with Tripadvisor among visitors and members