Who We’re Looking For
We are looking for a talented, self-motivated team player with a quantitative mindset who can help the Growth Marketing team plan, execute, and measure campaigns and product improvements that drive user acquisition and monetization.
You are a driven learner looking to take on your own projects and have a direct impact on Lose It!’s bottom line. You are excited to take deep dives into new platforms each month while learning to master and own the proven channels that our success depends on. You like to back up your opinions with hard data, and you’re conscious of the many ways each step of a funnel can impact ROI. You are motivated by helping your team reach financial success, but also by helping the world achieve a healthy weight through our product.
In this role, you’ll work with Lose It!’s Growth Marketing team on projects designed to drive new installs and user monetization. You’ll need a quantitative approach to problem solving and the ability to work collaboratively alongside our analytics team when required. You should be ready to enthusiastically jump into new roles and take on new tasks as we expand our growth strategies.
- Set up and execute promotional campaigns through a variety of channels:
- Braze (formerly AppBoy), our marketing automation platform
- In-App messaging
- Push notifications
- Whatever channel we’re testing next!
- Develop a strong knowledge of delivery and tracking logistics for new campaigns and experiments
- Day-to-day analysis of active campaigns
- Report out on experiment results and performance of paid acquisition efforts
- Regular updates to presence in iOS App Store and Google Play
Skills and Qualifications
- 2-3 years of experience in marketing or analytics and/or bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field
- Proficiency in Excel and basic statistics
- Experience working with consumer-facing products or apps a plus
- Experience with digital marketing campaigns a plus
- Experience with Facebook Business, AdWords, SQL or email marketing platforms a plus
- Proficiency in advanced statistics or experimental design a plus
About Lose It!
Lose It! is a leading consumer software company based in the heart of Boston. Our app and online platforms have helped people get healthier and lose over 60 million pounds worldwide, through calorie tracking and social support. With a top grossing Health & Fitness app in both the iOS and Android app stores and millions of members returning to use the app each week, we're proud of the impact that we've had and are passionate about mobilizing the world to achieve a healthy weight.
Along with our core program, we’re excited to have recently launched our newest product, embodyDNA. With embodyDNA, members can submit a DNA sample and get helpful weight loss insights based on their unique traits.
Why work at Lose It!
Lose It! offers incredible benefits, flexible hours, and a work hard/ play hard culture. If you picture yourself working on solving one of the world’s biggest issues with a smart team, then heading out for apps and drinks with your peers, we’re the company for you! Join our creative, fun, fast-moving company with ample opportunity to learn and develop areas you’d like to work on professionally.
Compelling markets and technology: Lose It! is at the forefront of health and fitness, corporate wellness, machine learning, nutrigenomics and mobile and cloud computing.
A track record of success: Our founders are seasoned startup professionals; they've taken a company public, sold companies to Macromedia and Microsoft, and raised capital from firms ranging from General Catalyst to Polaris to United Healthcare's Innovation Group.
Small team, deep and interesting challenges: We may be a small team (under 40 people total), but we're always pushing the limits of current knowledge. The problems we solve are deep, complex and fascinating.
Professional growth opportunities: We encourage continuous learning through sponsoring employees to attend conferences and seminars to network, expand their knowledge and build their skillset. We also incorporate team building exercises, brainstorming sessions, and retreats to optimize how we work together as a team.
We have fun: We have a genuine camaraderie that makes us look forward to coming to work every day. (The other perks and benefits listed below don't hurt either.)
Perks & Benefits
- Flexible hours
- Open vacation policy
- Profit sharing
- Gym membership or wellness reimbursement
- Commuter subsidization and prime location for public transportation
- Health, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- 401k plan
- Casual dress code
- Company lunches and happy hours
- Weekly organic fruit delivery
- Frequent company outings and trips
- Great collective beer knowledge