Events Manager at MachineMetrics, Inc.
MachineMetrics is looking for a talented Events Manager! This position may be based out of our Boston MA or Northampton, MA office!
MachineMetrics was founded by a small group of software and manufacturing professionals unified by a mission to deliver meaningful products that can change the manufacturing world. MachineMetrics has simplified Industrial IoT to digitize the shop floor and enable teams to drive decisions with machine data. We were named by Forbes as one of the top IoT companies to watch in 2019 and voted one of Built In’s 2020 Best Places to Work in Boston!
We develop and integrate production monitoring software for manufacturing companies. Our industry 4.0-ready software increases productivity through edge connectivity, real-time visibility, and deep manufacturing analytics. Together, we can deliver on our commitment to provide continuous improvement for our clients.
Our work environment is busy, non-political, and comfortable. People that do well here can self-manage but aren’t afraid to reach out for guidance and thrive in a creative problem-solving environment.
As an Events Marketing Manager, you will plan and execute MachineMetrics's events focused on demand generation and lead nurturing campaigns to bring awareness to the market and driving demand that fuels revenue growth. We are seeking an individual who displays the attitude, aptitude, and amplitude to not only get the job done but grow within the company. You’re the kind of person that enjoys working independently and with other teams.
You’ll work with the marketing and sales team to plan and execute MachineMetrics's participation in tradeshows, conferences, thought-leadership seminars, and in-house events—with the ultimate goal of driving sales pipeline and brand awareness. Are you ready to learn more?
What You’ll Do:
- Develop yearly and quarterly event marketing plans and measurable objectives that support revenue growth at MachineMetrics
- Collaborate with Marketing and Sales to define involvement, plans, and measurable objectives for each event to ensure demand generation goals are met.
- Create and manage pre- and post-event marketing plans and logistics from conception to completion
- Apply for and win speaking engagements at events
- Activate internal and external marketing stakeholders to create and obtain event messaging, abstracts, promotions, swag, social announcements, and other collateral
- Analyze event ROI (demand generation activities that will impact future event planning)
- Be a Champion of our Core Values
What You’ll Have:
- 2 plus years of Events experience in a fast-paced organization, preferably in SaaS/software
- Experience planning and successfully executing domestic and international events
- Leadership: You are an everyday leader. People are inspired by your vision and passion. You build relationships to make things happen
- Passion: You enjoy getting things done. You have the ability to see the big picture and love getting in the weeds with smaller tactical details. You thrive in situations with many moving parts
- Organization: You love organizing and arranging people and things with meticulous attention to detail. You can rally people to support, implement, and execute your vision
- A bias for technology; utilizing systems including CRMs (e.g., Hubspot, Salesforce), G-Suite (google docs etc.), instant message (e.g., Slack, Skype)
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, or similar a plus
- Graphic design experience in Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign a plus
- All qualified candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- You'll need a valid driver’s license, passport, ability to travel without restriction and reliable transportation
- You may need to travel on short notice (domestic, with potential for international travel)
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer who values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status