Event Marketing Manager
ezCater is the world’s largest online marketplace for catering – a $60+ billion market in the U.S. We make it superbly easy for businesspeople to find and order great food for meetings and events, and we help our catering partners grow their business. We’re backed by $320 million in venture funding and valued at over $1 billion. Our mission is to power the world’s catering, and we’ll make it happen – even more surely if you come help us.
We are looking for an Event Marketing Manager to lead our event strategy and execution. You’re a natural producer of events, with equal focus on event strategy (the why) and logistics (the how). You have a proven track record delivering events that drive real results for B2B companies.
- Lead the ezCater event program to build positive perception and momentum in our supply side (catering partners) and buy side (catering customers) communities.
- Drive our events program, including the coordination of all logistics and communication related to each event including pre- and post-show promotion, booth and giveaway selection, messaging, and sourcing venues and vendors.
- Build out CaterUp!, our own hosted event, making it bigger and better than last year, and attracting and engaging with partners, prospects, and customers.
- Strengthen relationships with key trade associations. You will take advantage of opportunities to increase brand awareness through webinars, regional trade shows and events, and more.
- Formulate creative suggestions to enhance event success.
- Prepare budgets and project plans, and ensure adherence to them.
- Present quarterly on our event program with recommendations for improvements, and areas to increase or decrease investments
- 5-7 years of experience in event planning and execution. You have a passion for understanding how events create awareness, leads, and opportunities for B2B companies.
- Run event management for a company or a brand.
- The ability to project manage up to four events at a time (which could include conferences, hosted events, dinners and speaking opportunities).
- Experience producing events that build brands, accelerate sales cycles, transforms buyer behaviors, and unlock meaningful business opportunities.
- An understanding of vendor management and coordination across all sizes of events.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Superb organizational skills and can think two steps ahead.
- Knowledge of how to work with data to guide a strategy.
- An affection for “just figuring things out” and inventing any ideas or approaches that help us accomplish our objectives.
- The ability to play well with others.
- A “get it done” mentality: maniacal attention to detail coupled with a commitment to deliver high-quality work on a deadline.
What you'll get from us:
Importantly, you’ll get a tremendous amount of authority and autonomy. You’ll own your outcomes and see measurable results for your efforts. With ezCater’s radical transparency and trust, you’ll have open access to the data that drives our decisions. You'll have a coaching environment to learn and develop, and ezUniversity sessions will provide plenty of opportunities to expand your mind.
At the same time, you’ll get sane working hours and a huge amount of flexibility around work/life balance. Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and here’s what else you’ll get: Market salary, stock options you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, subsidized T-passes, a great office in the heart of Boston, a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies), and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.