Email & SMS Marketing Manager at Klaviyo
Why You Should Join the Marketing Team
The marketing team is special — a collection of powerful misfits, passionate doers, creative strategists, and insatiable dreamers. We’re looking for people nothing like us to make our diverse group more diverse and broaden our collective thought.
Our customers aren’t simply special. To us, they are our lifeblood. They are entrepreneurs. Parents. Providers. They put their livelihood on the line every day to make their dreams come true. Our customers are inspired and inspiring. We have helped over 65,000 of them grow and yet we have millions of more people to serve and work to do to get there.
As the Email & SMS Marketing Manager, you will be directly responsible for the day-to-day execution of our marketing campaigns that drive revenue and engagement. In this role you will also be responsible for testing, iterating, and optimizing an efficient multi-channel Email and SMS strategy. The ideal candidate has a background in both Email and SMS marketing and has worked closely with stakeholders to solve business problems, especially in marketing. The ideal candidate has a strong track record in cross-functional communication, analytical thinking, understanding customer motivations, project management, and can take on a proactive approach towards these initiatives.
How You Will Make a Difference
- Oversee the day-to-day management of the Email and SMS deployment process from start to finish
- Identify audience behavior to create targeted segments for optimized performance
- Analyze and interpret results from email marketing campaigns, sharing learnings with key stakeholders
- Embrace a culture of always testing and always learning
- Meticulously work to enhance the customer journey
- Collaborate with Creative, Digital Sales, Product, and Engineering teams to test and optimize every touchpoint of the customer’s journey
- Approach initiatives with a customer-first mindset aligning all goals directly back to a positive experience
- Produce complex automated flows using audience-based and behavior-based segmentation
- Help build a best-in-class Lifecycle Marketing program that our customers will want to replicate
Who You Are
- 2-3 years experience in CRM, SMS, and Email Marketing
- Knowledge of email and SMS best practices including deliverability, personalization, segmentation, testing, and reporting
- A strong interest in creating a harmonious lifecycle experience leveraging the right channel at the right time
- Strong working knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Someone who thrives in fast-paced environments
- Works through challenges and has a “can-do” attitude
- A creative thinker with a yearning to innovate
At Klaviyo we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying.
Get to Know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company's hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
Klaviyo is committed to diversity and to a policy of equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.