Email Marketing Specialist
Email Marketing Specialist
Toast is looking for a world-class Marketer to lead our email marketing efforts to drive leads, upsells and retention. Reporting into our Marketing Operations Manager, this individual will be the driver of all of our Email Marketing efforts across the entire funnel - from subscriber to lost prospect nurtures to customer communications and more. In addition, this role will be highly cross-functional and partner with stakeholders across both Sales and Marketing to develop email communications that best fit their area of the go-to-market team.
You are a perfect fit if you never believe a communication with a customer or prospect sits in a vacuum, but is rather part of a larger strategy to move some to a particular call to action. You balance both a creative eye towards design and messaging with a process mind that brings structure to the projects you work on. You are undaunted by big or ambiguous challenges and relish in the opportunity to bring structure to test and learn into new areas of growth.
Toast is a company where employees are empowered to come up with freshly baked ideas and tackle meaningful challenges. You probably already know us a little bit by now, but Toast is one of the most awarded and fastest growing startups in Boston. In 2017, to name a few, we won BostInno’s award for Emerging Company of the year, were named the 3rd fastest growing company in North America by Deloitte, and raised over $100m in funding from the likes of Google Ventures. We have built a powerful and easy-to-use Android tablet-based point of sale platform for restaurants, helping them operate more efficiently and connect with their customer base in new and innovative ways.
- Create and scale all nurture streams and email campaigns across the entire funnel to drive leads, upsells and retention
- Own and define the process of email communications across all teams to ensure a consistent and progressive message to the prospect or customer
- Collaborate with internal teams (e.g. Creative, Product Marketing, Sales, Content, Customer Marketing, and more) to drive email marketing campaigns and results
- Own the reporting analytics across all email channels to identify areas of opportunity and growth across the funnel
- Continually refine and email campaigns to be best in class across mobile, design and copy
- Create and execute optimization testing (or A/B testing) plans to improve open rates, click through rates, and downloads
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field, preferably marketing or advertising
- 1-3 years of experience
- Experience with Hubspot or another Marketing Automation platform such as Pardot, Eloqua, Marketo
- Strong analytical skills and ability to use data to optimize day-to-day performance
- Ability to bring structure and process to initiatives