Director of Website Strategy
As one of the fastest growing Software-as-a-Service platforms in North America, Toast is a Google Ventures backed company that is revolutionizing the $800B restaurant industry. Founded in 2012 and launched in 2013, Toast was recently recognized as the 3rd fastest growing software company on the Deloitte Fast 500 and named to the Forbes Cloud 100. By embracing our customer community, Toast has developed a restaurant management platform that is allowing restaurateurs to delight guests, do what they love and thrive.
We are looking for a leader like you to join our industry leading marketing team and manage a talented team of growth marketers to build and optimize the next generation of Toast’s digital presence. As our Director of Website Strategy you will be directly responsible for the evolution of our website, it’s underlying technology stack and the team responsible for generating a large portion of Toast’s annual sales.
You are the perfect fit if you have worked in a fast paced growth environment where you were directly responsible for your employer’s web presence. You are a growth marketer at heart, with deep technical experience in marketing technology. You love to lead teams and inspire those around you to a shared set of achievements. You can speak the language of growth marketing, engage senior executives, and inspire developers.
As the Director of Website Strategy you will be responsible for two distinct teams, one focused building the next generation of Toast’s web properties and another focused on traffic and conversion optimization.
- Own the overall development and delivery of Toast’s web presence, from roadmap to project development and execution
- Encourage a growth and optimization mindset among your team (e.g. SEO, A/B testing, UX) to improve conversion rates across all digital properties
- Own delivery, assessment, and measurement of this critical acquisition channel (e.g. traffic, MQLs, Deal generation)
- Work with stakeholders across the organization to build out site experiences for product launches, content (e.g. calculators, quizzes, and interactive tools), and internal initiatives
- Collaborate with Design / UX to create a website that drives conversion
- Plan, execute, and measure experiments to bring prospects at all stages of the funnel through the buyer's journey (e.g. personalization, buy-now / eCommerce, free trials)
- Leverage traffic, conversion, and UX data to identify and build buyer’s journeys that drive a cohesive experience
- Continually improve website experience and load times
- Identify, procure and roll-out world class Marketing website technology
- Manage and maintain the website and its development team and ensure on time delivery of all web projects
- Build, manage and develop the professional development roadmaps for a growing team of digital marketers
- Work cross-functionally with various non-marketing Toast teams such as Engineering, Product and HR
- 8-15 years of experience in digital marketing or website marketing role
- Strong leadership skills with 5+ years of experience in a leadership role
- Experience leveraging a broad range of marketing website technologies (e.g. Google Analytics, Tag Manager, Optimizely, Drupal/Craft/Hubspot, Ion, etc.)
- Experience managing a B2B website is a must
- Experience managing one or more major website rebuild or rebranding efforts
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Passion for building high performing sites and teams (both technical and non-technical)
- Adaptability and desire to work in a fast paced environment
- Self aware of your and your team’s areas of opportunity and strength
- Experience with creating websites with personalization based on site behavior is a plus
- Experience with creating websites with eCommerce or free trial sites a plus