Director of Product Marketing at Wistia
Wistia is a video marketing software company working to make business more human with video. We aim to be on the cutting-edge of marketing—both in our own marketing efforts and by building products and creating content that help our customers stay ahead of the curve.
It's becoming more difficult to build and engage an audience through traditional content and funnel marketing. As Wistia's Director of Product Marketing you'll be responsible for developing and executing our product marketing strategy to further establish Wistia as a leader in the video marketing space. You will help empower small- and medium-sized businesses to confidently market in ways previously off limits to all but the biggest brands by clearly articulating the challenge marketers face, and telling the story of how to leverage our product to improve their efforts and engagement. We pride ourselves on teaching other marketers through our own creative marketing efforts (Check out our latest educational series, Show Business) and are looking for an exceptional Product Marketing leader able to not only impact our business, but lead by example.
- Voice of product to the market. Paint the picture for the market on how Wistia's products can help small- and medium-sized businesses do what was previously only possible for larger companies with huge budgets. You will drive messaging and positioning for our product.
- Voice of the market to the product. Collaborate closely with Product Management. You are more than just a peer serving as the voice of the customer, you are a target customer. Your input will be key in building the best products for the market.
- Partnership. Work cross-functionally to develop and execute on go-to-market plans that drive product adoption and customer success. From coordinating product videos, blog posts, training support, case studies, etc. Make it easy for SMB marketers to leverage our products to up their marketing game. Product launches are a big part of this, but there's much more than that.
- Evolve how we communicate our product. Deeply understand the market and help identify challenges, opportunities and differentiators.
- Be a marketing leader at Wistia and beyond.
- Comfort with ambiguity. We pay attention to where marketing trends are headed. That sometimes means shifting gear quickly or trying something new out to deliver the best product to our customers.
- Strong storyteller. We need someone able to explain a problem to the market, articulate how our products help, and help our audience better use our products to up their game. Able to communicate the problem our customers our facing with our products as their solution (vs. just how our products work)
- Ability to manage and drive cross-functional work. This is one of the more cross-functional roles in the company. You should be able to work with Product, Design, Sales, Marketing, Creative, Research, Engineering, Business Intelligence, Support and Senior Management.
- Strong written and verbal communication. You'll be communicating to our customers and our team frequently and through multiple channels. You should be able to simplify complex concepts, strategies and plans and distill a product's value proposition into messages that resonates and makes sense.
- Progress is better than perfection. A track record of getting things done. Sometimes that will require rolling up your sleeves to do the work; sometimes it will require coordinating multiple teams to deliver on a project.
- Customer first. A first principles thinker. To be on the cutting edge with both our marketing and our products, we ask big questions about marketing and challenge accepted best practices. We'll need you to do the same.
We try to ensure Wistia is an inclusive and diverse place where everyone feels happy, fulfilled, respected, comfortable, and welcome. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We care a lot, so our benefits are actually benefits, not just the fun stuff like swag and snacks in the office (though we also have lots of those too!).
We know the biggest investment we can make is in our employees, so we provide:
- A great compensation package
- 401k with 3% company contribution, regardless of whether you contribute
- Profit Sharing!
- Flexible hours
- Fully paid healthcare coverage for you and your family (including dental) and a healthcare FSA
- Up to 16 weeks paid family leave
- Flexible vacation and sick leave
- Transportation subsidies
We have a beautiful office in Cambridge, MA, but we’re all working remotely (all 100+ of us) right now. Permanently remote applicants will be considered, but we’ll give priority to local applicants, those willing to relocate, and those within 3 hours of EST.