Buoy builds a digital health tool that helps people – from the moment they get sick – start their health care on the right foot. Started by a team of doctors and computer scientists working at the Harvard Innovation Laboratory in Boston MA, Buoy was developed in direct response to the downward spiral we’ve all faced when we attempt to self-diagnose our symptoms online. Buoy leverages artificial intelligence – powered by advanced machine learning and proprietary granular data - to resemble an exchange you would have with your favorite doctor – to provide consumers with a real-time, accurate analysis of their symptoms and help them easily and quickly embark on the right path to getting better. Buoy is based in Boston and was founded in 2014.
As the Director of Product Marketing at Buoy Health, you’ll be responsible for leading the go-to-market strategy for our Buoy Assistant and Back with Care digital health products. You will develop a deep understanding of our buyers and end users, their pain points and perceptions of the market. Additionally, you’ll become the in-house expert on Buoy’s competitors, developing a clear point of view on our advantages and opportunities for differentiation. With a synthesized market perspective, you’ll work cross-functionally with product, sales and marketing to implement your strategy, and develop positioning and messaging to support go-to-market efforts.
The Director of Product Marketing will report to the VP of Marketing as part of our growing marketing and sales enablement team. A successful candidate will possess an entrepreneurial mindset and can-do attitude. You’ll have a knack for distilling complex information into clear and persuasive narratives.
This is a full-time, salaried position.
· Develop a deep understanding of Buoy Health’s core values and products
· Develop a deep understanding of our prospects: their interests, their challenges, and their motivations
· Develop a deep understanding of our competitive landscape and translate that into actionable guidance for the product management and sales teams
· Develop a value messaging framework in partnership with the marketing, product management and sales team to guide our sales pitch and marketing collateral
· Work directly with our finance team to determine product pricing
· Identify and size target markets
· Keep product demos up to date with current messaging and functionality
· Work directly with Buoy’s analytics team to vet proof points and metrics to use in market
· Work in partnership with the product management team to maintain an externally-facing product roadmap and vision story
· Assist sales team with RFPs for large deals that require new scope and value positioning
Desired Skills and Experience
• 7+ years of relevant experience
• Avid learner with strong research skills
• Strong writing skills, proven experience developing value propositions and sales collateral
• Exceptional verbal communication skills, strong background in public speaking
• Ability to function as a productive member in a team-focused environment, high level of follow-through and accountability to others
• Ability to translate technical concepts into business value for internal and external stakeholders
• Strong organizational skills
• Intellectual curiosity: the ability to see and explore new possibilities
• Polished, positive, can-do personality, flexibility and sense of humor
- Stock Options
- Unlimited PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401k with matching
- Dogs in the office!
Read Full Job Description