Director, (LOB) Line of Business Marketing at Klaviyo (Greater Boston Area, MA or Remote)
At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying.
The marketing team is special — a collection of powerful misfits, passionate doers, creative strategists and insatiable dreamers. We’re looking for people nothing like us to make our diverse group more diverse and broaden our collective thought.
In this newly established senior marketing role, you will lead the development and execution of the LOB marketing strategy. This is an exciting opportunity to develop a new market segment, lead integrated marketing efforts, and actively contribute to aspects of Klaviyo’s evolution and growth planning at a customer segment level.
The ideal candidate will have strategic marketing experience, developing cross-functional partnerships and running multi-channel campaigns and programs for a high-profile brand, within the consumer tech or CPG industries, or at an integrated creative or media agency.
You will be expected to apply analytical rigor, a deep understanding of consumer and country-level market dynamics, and the right mix of brand and product knowledge to deliver effective marketing plans that truly move the needle. This person must be able to connect the dots between the business and product strategy with the brand strategy, extract true insights and translate them into great marketing plans and execution. They must have a proven ability to use data to identify insights and build compelling stories, ask and answer different and difficult questions, inspire and support teams with data, evaluate work, learn and adapt quickly.
How You'll Make a Difference
- Develop, and build a marketing plan to support Klaviyo’s segment specific LOBs. This marketing plan would include shared services from branding, performance marketing, product marketing and self serve growth
- This marketing planning would also include working closely with the directors of customer research, marketing analytics and marketing operations. Specific activities include:
- Developing TAM/SAM forecasts for the LOB
- Creating and refining customer segments and personas
- Create clear understanding of segment specific unaided awareness and brand sentiment (e.g. NPS) for Klaviyo as well as key competitors
- Integrated marketing plans with specific KPIs and forecasts across all the marketing channels
- Track performance of campaigns to provide data-backed insights to optimize campaigns and find new opportunity areas, on monthly and quarterly basis
- Build strong collaborative relationships and alliances with key internal and external teams and partners to prioritize and establish the team’s roadmap, delivering against clearly defined brand objectives while ensuring positive and productive team environments
Who You Are
- 10 or more years of experience with marketing communications, consumer products, brand marketing, or brand management
- 5 or more years of experience with team leadership, cross-functional team leadership, or team management
- Experience developing and executing large-scale integrated marketing campaigns (online/offline advertising, web, events), including experience with both brand-building and acquisition marketing initiatives
- Experience partnering with external companies (partners, agencies, vendors, retailers), as well as executive and cross-functional leadership
- Demonstrated experience utilizing consumer research and data to drive actionable insights to inform marketing strategy and improve the consumer experience
- Experience influencing effectively cross-functionally across all levels of management including VP and C-suite
- Experience managing multiple campaigns simultaneously, and working with many different internal and external teams to ensure we are launching our programs seamlessly and to the highest impact
- Bachelor's Degree
What You Will Gain
- Opportunity to shape brand, go to market and distribution strategy for one of the world’s fastest growing SaaS brands
- Experience working with a group of highly talented, high performance leaders
- A holistic understanding of SaaS industry
- Unique leadership opportunity
Get to Know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company's hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
Klaviyo is committed to diversity and to a policy of equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.