Director, Lifecycle Marketing at Klaviyo
Klaviyo is looking for a highly experienced Lifecycle Marketing leader to join our Performance Marketing team. The Director of Lifecycle Marketing will build out some of the most important initiatives across the marketing team helping to fuel Klaviyo’s continued growth.
As the head of Lifecycle Marketing, you’ll own the lifecycle strategy from end-to-end with a focus on crafting new ways to interact with our customers by helping them through their journey. You’ll lead a team to success by defining key segments, measuring against KPIs, and building out nurture programs focusing on high levels of engagement and customer growth. The ideal candidate is analytical, detail-oriented, has a rigorous testing mindset, and will lead their team by example. It is crucial to be able to work effectively with cross-functional teams, and evangelize lifecycle marketing needs across the organization. Though we have a solid foundation in our lifecycle marketing program, we are looking to continue supercharging our growth through new innovations, tactics, and optimizations.
How You Will Make a Difference
- Develop a forward-looking Lifecycle Marketing vision by innovating beyond all of our current programs
- Own the customer journey and meticulously work to refine and enhance it
- Lead, mentor, and develop a team of Lifecycle Marketers facilitating career development and new responsibilities
- Champion a culture of accountability, experimentation, and success
- Take on aggressive goals concentrating on nurturing our customers at each stage of the funnel
- Approach initiatives with a customer-first emphasis aligning all goals directly back to a positive experience
- Assess our technologies and work with technical teams to enhance wherever possible
- Partner with Creative, Digital, Sales, Product, and Engineering teams to collaborate, test and optimize every touchpoint
- Understand customer segmentation and the user journey and ensure they are incorporated into all of our Lifecycle journeys
- Evangelize the Lifecycle Marketing program by reporting on performance, sharing results, and communicating plans and roadmaps
Who You Are
- 8+ years of experience in Lifecycle Marketing and CRM
- B2B and international experience is a plus
- Specialize in designing and executing data-driven marketing initiatives in the email channel and other direct channels
- Managed and built teams while effectively leading cross-functional groups, such as: creative, digital, engineering, product, and data
- A self-starter and someone who thrives in fast-paced environments
- Analytically driven individual who can also think creatively and yearns to innovate
- Works through challenges and has a ‘can do’ attitude
What Your Work Will Look Like
- You’ll report to the VP of Performance Marketing
- You’ll be the source of truth on all things Lifecycle Marketing as well as a key contributor on integrated campaigns
- You’ll develop a deep understanding about our space, our competitors, the Klaviyo platform and will use all of the information to run a full funnel marketing strategy
- Think creatively and strategically to turn your vision and goals into a reality
Get to know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses using the channels they own like email, web and mobile. Enabling brands to leverage these owned marketing channels, Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company’s hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct, high-fidelity relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to Facebook or Amazon. In 2020, Klaviyo reached coveted unicorn status with a robust Series C of $200m at $4.15B valuation. Innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
Klaviyo does not tolerate and prohibits discrimination, harassment or retaliation of or against job applicants, contractors, interns, volunteers or employees by another employee, supervisor, vendor, customer or any third party.