Director of Global Demand Generation
At Skillsoft, we are all about making work matter. We believe every team member has the potential to be AMAZING. We are bold, sharp, driven and most of all, real. Join us in our quest to democratize learning and help individuals unleash their edge.
The Director of Global Demand Generation will be a driving force in partnership with the Marketing and Sales Teams to create a strong pipeline that delivers revenue. This senior leader will identify key levers of growth for each of Skillsoft's 3 market segments and communicate these levers across the entire marketing team in order to grow pipeline, while at the same time maximize conversion points across the customer journey. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who has a proven track record for building and managing high-performance programs and teams. This person will be a highly collaborative, data-driven leader with the combination of strategic planning skills and the ability to identify and implement unique and creative marketing solutions to drive growth.
Identify and outline the customer journey from awareness to justification for a new customer of Skillsoft.
Work closely with Marketing Operations and Analytics to pull insights across the customer journey of our customers.
Collaborate with the product marketing team to develop marketing and sales personas for each business unit that clearly informs the entire marketing team the differences between what enterprise personas care about vs what Midmarket and Growth personas care about.
Manage the demand gen campaigns and partner closely with the customer marketing ABM team to provide direction on messaging and key initiatives that will power the outcomes required to achieve the revenue plan and increase customer retention.
Present to the senior leadership team on key trends we're seeing across all business units.
Create and manage the budget needed in order to achieve pipeline targets for each of the campaigns.
Continuously report back to the entire marketing team on what campaigns are resonating best with the market keying in on the messages we should double down on and which we should change for better outcomes moving forward.
Align closely with the BDR organization and the sales organization globally in order to increase conversion of leads surfaced to the team as well as existing opportunities to closed won business.
In the first 30 days you will:
- Gain an understanding of the existing campaigns planning and execution process. Understanding how the team interfaces with other key disciplines within marketing in order to execute campaigns and programs throughout the quarter to achieve our performance and revenue commitments.
- Understand the workflow process across the marketing team to learn how the team is working well together as well as where there are areas of improvement.
- Dig into the data provided within our marketing attribution system to understand what is fueling growth of the business.
In the first 90 days you will:
- Evolve Skillsoft's demand gen processes and thinking to look at the demand gen funnel through account and buyers' perspective.
· Partner with our regional sales teams to ensure quality delivery and follow-up of qualified leads and to continuously improve and optimize our processes.
· Generate a consistent flow of sales qualified leads "people that are conversation ready" to the sales team and nurture MQLs into SQLs
- Lead the team through the quarterly campaign reviews by coordinating efforts across the entire team including product marketing, PR, digital marketing and content marketing on expectations of what will be brought into the process to make informed decisions on how to plan for the next 3-6 months.
· Drive measurement of key metrics and analytics across marketing campaigns to closely monitor conversion rates, measure success, and continuously optimize our marketing ROI.
· Refine existing KPIs and create dashboards to measure, optimize, and focus the demand generation activities weekly
- Collaborate with product marketing to orchestrate the "lightning strike" for the quarter that is a coordinated effort and aligns with the product announcement of the quarter.
- Become familiar with the team you manage understanding their motivators, strengths and areas of development that will be critical to propelling their career growth.
- Built key relationships with marketing, market segment and sales leadership built on trust and transparency.
In the first 6 months you will:
- Emerge as the thought leader on all things demand generation within the marketing organization and across the entire company.
- Consistently drive fully integrated marketing programs to deliver weekly, monthly, quarterly goals
- Partner with Customer Marketing, Sales and Success teams to develop, drive and measure account-based marketing programs
- Create a team environment that bolsters innovation and successful cross-department collaboration.
- Build strong relationships with sales leadership, understanding where marketing efforts can be best utilized in order to help sales win more.
- Earn the trust of your employees so that they feel comfortable surfacing issues to you and knowing you will help them work through these challenges in order to move the business forward.
- Have a clear grasp of where the business is and is going and what the key strategic initiatives are that need to be completed in order to drive the business forward
- Effectively communicate results to the team and how those results inform the strategy moving forward
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- 10+ years of demand generation experience, preferably at a B2B company.
- Proven depth of experience building and scaling demand generation functions for global SaaS companies.
- Proven record of meeting or exceeding pipeline and revenue targets in a high growth setting.
- A love of analytics and a proven track record of analyzing campaign performance and ROI, identifying actionable insights to achieve crucial metrics.
- Enthusiastic problem solver who can improvise and think creatively while optimizing spend.
- Creative, and willing to be hands-on. This is both a strategic and a "doing" role with a highly collaborative team.
- Expertise in using tools to create reports that measure performance and inform future strategy.
Personally Accountable for Team Success. We unleash our edge together.
Confident Achievers. We are bold.
Intellectually Curious. We are sharp.
Adaptable, Agile & Resilient. We are driven.
Customer First. We are real.
MORE ABOUT SKILLSOFT:
Skillsoft delivers online learning, training, and talent solutions to help organizations unleash their edge. Leveraging immersive, engaging content, Skillsoft enables organizations to unlock the potential in their best assets – their people – and build teams with the skills they need for success. Empowering 36 million learners and counting, Skillsoft democratizes learning through an intelligent learning experience and a customized, learner-centric approach to skills development with resources for Leadership Development, Business Skills, Technology & Development, Digital Transformation, and Compliance.
Skillsoft and SumTotal are partners to thousands of leading global organizations, including many Fortune 500 companies. The company features three award-winning systems that support learning, performance and success: Skillsoft learning content, the Percipio intelligent learning experience platform, and the SumTotal suite for Talent Development, which offers measurable impact across the entire employee lifecycle. Learn more at www.skillsoft.com.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we would love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.
Skillsoft is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer: It is the policy of Skillsoft Corporation to provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability (mental or physical), protected veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by law.