Director, Demand Generation at Klaviyo
Why You Should Join the Marketing Team
The marketing team is special — a collection of powerful misfits, passionate doers, creative strategists and insatiable dreamers. We’re looking for people nothing like us to make our diverse group more diverse and broaden our collective thought.
Our customers aren’t simply special. To us, they are our lifeblood. They are entrepreneurs. Parents. Providers. They put their livelihood on the line every day to make their dreams come true. Our customers are inspired and inspiring. We have helped over 65,000 of them grow and yet we have millions more people to serve and work to do to get there.
We’re looking to hire a Director of Demand Gen. An individual who will own our acquisition strategy and budget to deliver on our ambitious growth goals, this year and every year.
In this role, you will be responsible for delivering on our MQL, website traffic, pipeline, and MRR (Monthly Recurring Revenue) goals.
How You Will Make a Difference
- You will drive the strategy and execution behind our acquisition efforts and along the way you will share with leadership what new tools, technology, reports, data science work you need to be successful
- You will be responsible for growing new customer acquisition through existing paid channels
- You will identify and test new paid channels, focusing on launching one new test, channel, and/or idea every week
- You will maximize return-on-ad-spend (ROAS) from all of our paid media efforts
- To be effective, you will partner with multiple teams across the organization including Brand, Lifecycle, Product Marketing, Content Marketing, Self-Serve Growth, Web, and SEO
- You will build a deep understanding of the ecommerce space, using that understanding to translate the needs of our prospect customers into compelling direct response campaigns
- You’ll work cross-functionally with all marketing teams to drive results on integrated marketing campaigns, making strategic recommendations on how to leverage paid channels to drive awareness and results
- You will coach and mentor a team of performance marketing Klaviyos, building a bench of talent and helping them achieve their career goals
- You’ll evangelize the success of these channels to key stakeholders through ongoing impact reporting.
Who You Are
- A self-starter and someone who thrives in fast-paced environments
- A metrics-driven creative thinker—you know how a compelling headline should read, ad should look, geographic oriented sister city test should operate, and know you how to measure every stage of the funnel
- CAC, LTC, CAC:LTV Ratio, Statistical Significance, Forecasting, ROI, and Attribution are your mostly commonly used buzzwords
- Budget aware; you’re comfortable owning a large budget, and operating to the budget. You’re also not scared to ask for more budget when the idea is right
- Skilled marketer with experience in both B2B and B2C
- Able to work cross-functionally between teams and departments
- You have experiencing building, hiring and scaling a team
- Someone who emphatically nodded at all of the above
What Your Work Will Look Like
- You’ll report to the VP of Performance Marketing
- This is a global role on a team we are looking to grow quickly
- You’ll be the source of truth on all things acquisition, including paid search, paid social, paid direct response advertising.
- You’ll be able to measure, understand, and communicate how all campaigns are performing and driving impact for the business
- You’ll oversee programmatic media buying and support the coordination of upcoming large national media campaigns
- You’ll leverage a deep understanding about our space, our competition, the Klaviyo platform and will use all of the information to create memorable direct response campaigns
- You’ll have big goals and a clear vision for achievement. With that, you’ll have the the ability to think creatively and strategically to make those visions and goals a reality
- You have 10+ years of experience in the acquisition space
Get to know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company's hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
Klaviyo does not tolerate and prohibits discrimination, harassment or retaliation of or against job applicants, contractors, interns, volunteers or employees by another employee, supervisor, vendor, customer or any third party.