Director, Customer Marketing
At Skillsoft, we are all about making work matter. We believe every team member has the potential to be AMAZING. We are bold, sharp, driven and most of all, real. Join us in our quest to democratize learning and help individuals unleash their edge.
The Director, Customer Marketing (CM) is responsible for defining, executing, analyzing, and managing the pre- and post-sale customer journey to drive interest, customer engagement, increase customer value realization, improve customer retention, and build advocacy. In this role, the Director, CM will partner with product, digital, and field marketing as well as our global sales team to build and implement prospect and customer-focused marketing campaigns to increase Skillsoft value and mindshare with prospective customers and our existing customer base.
The right candidate will have experience building strategic marketing plans, creating engaging customer journey programs, as well as establishing strong customer advocacy programs that communicate the value Skillsoft, ultimately building avid Skillsoft fans.
This customer-centric marketing leader has deep data-driven marketing acumen that includes marketing strategy, demand generation, and digital, among other competencies. The right candidate will understand how to develop end-to-end prospect and customer growth programs that can be deployed globally and/or regionally.
- Map and manage the customer journey – from initial touch through acquisition, adoption, and advocacy – aligning measurable marketing efforts to drive new opportunities, product onboarding & adoption, increased utilization, and value realization.
- Connect with customers to ensure continued value and success throughout the relationship lifecycle.
- Create value-based messaging for email campaigns and in-product messaging to drive pipeline for Commercial sales.
- Partners with the content team to develop content that increases prospect and customer engagement including value realization, and customer advocacy (including case studies, references, and a customer speakers bureau).
- Partner with the Digital business team to determine appropriate usage-based triggers and corresponding messaging.
- Monitor the customer experience through the upgrade process and advocate for program refinements if needed to improve the customer experience.
- Track performance against quarterly pipeline targets and recommend additional campaigns or programs if needed to address pipeline gaps.
- Effectively collaborate and communicate on the upgrade program with partners in the digital business, sales, sales development, sales enablement, and product management.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business, or communications. MBA strongly preferred.
- 7 to 10 years of enterprise marketing; strong preference for SaaS and B2B experience. Customer marketing experience is preferred.
- Data-driven marketing approach, along with the ability to grasp and translate software capabilities and content offering into business benefits.
- Experience in developing customer messaging and translating qualitative and quantitative data into compelling stories.
- Experience creating and executing marketing campaigns and programs that drive measurable customer engagement and advocacy.
- Ability to work effectively and collaborate with internal cross-functional teams and external customers to drive results.
- Strong customer focus and business orientation, with ability to engage senior executives through professional communications.
- Global mindset, proven ability to partner and work effectively with regional marketing teams in a matrixed environment.
Personally Accountable for Team Success. We unleash our edge together.
Confident Achievers. We are bold.
Intellectually Curious. We are sharp.
Adaptable, Agile & Resilient. We are driven.
Customer First. We are real.
MORE ABOUT SKILLSOFT:
Skillsoft delivers online learning, training, and talent solutions to help organizations unleash their edge. Leveraging immersive, engaging content, Skillsoft enables organizations to unlock the potential in their best assets – their people – and build teams with the skills they need for success. Empowering 36 million learners and counting, Skillsoft democratizes learning through an intelligent learning experience and a customized, learner-centric approach to skills development with resources for Leadership Development, Business Skills, Technology & Development, Digital Transformation, and Compliance.
Skillsoft and SumTotal are partners to thousands of leading global organizations, including many Fortune 500 companies. The company features three award-winning systems that support learning, performance and success: Skillsoft learning content, the Percipio intelligent learning experience platform, and the SumTotal suite for Talent Development, which offers measurable impact across the entire employee lifecycle. Learn more at www.skillsoft.com.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we would love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.
Skillsoft is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer: It is the policy of Skillsoft Corporation to provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability (mental or physical), protected veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by law.