Director, Corporate Communications at Toast
We’re looking for a Director of Corporate Communications to build the strategy and program that drives our Executive and Corporate Communications. You will be responsible for managing and executing communications for Toast’s corporate story, partnering closely with company leadership including our CEO, Co-Founders, CFO and Chief People Officer, as well as the finance, legal and strategy teams. You’ll also work with Toast’s leadership team to influence employee engagement and internal communications that keeps the team informed and inspired.
About this roll
- Build strategic narratives that increase awareness for Toast’s unique business model and that resonate with media and investors.
- Develop and drive communications efforts spanning financial reporting, business initiatives and executive communications, identifying key issues, messaging to external stakeholders and opportunities for Toast.
- Scale executive communications by developing key members of Toast’s senior leadership into the spokespeople for the industry.
- Work closely with CEO, CFO, and VP Investor Relations to shape the narrative showcasing Toast for key financial audiences and business influencers.
- Act as a strategic advisor through crises, refining and scaling Toast’s crisis communications programs to ensure we are prepared to tackle any unforeseen challenges in the future.
- Develop a range of communication materials including messaging, scripts, press releases and media statements in partnership with stakeholders internally and externally.
- Regularly engage with business/financial media and other external stakeholders.
- Support internal communications with strategy and execution of financial updates and support rollout and update of key internal documents and communication to employees.
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- 10+ years experience.
- Experience in helping high growth companies navigate financial and crisis communications, ideally for in-house teams.
- Proven track record of building and advancing groundbreaking narratives demonstrating strong business momentum.
- Strong executive presence and voice.
- Strong written and verbal communication, a storyteller at heart.
- Ability to think creatively and innovate in the new media landscape across owned and earned.
- Proven ability to manage crisis situations as well as reduce risk through effective preparation.
- Demonstrated ability to drive alignment and collaboration across cross functional teams at all levels of the organization.
- Experience hiring, mentoring and growing high performing teams.
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected]
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.