Director of Corporate Communications
Reporting to the VP of Corporate Communications, this seasoned public relations professional will lead awareness efforts and message development to support Everbridge’s growth in creating the Critical Event Management (CEM) industry.
As a leader within Everbridge’s global corporate communications team, this individual would be tasked with press release writing, facilitation of press briefings, identification of media opportunities, interaction with internal departments to draft messaging and communications plans, interaction and management of outside PR agency resources.
This role involves coordinating and executing on core programs for public relations on a daily basis in an often intense and fast-paced environment, including:
* Daily interaction with media to pitch news on behalf of Everbridge, and to field press queries;
* Overseeing development and drafting of company news announcements; and review and management of external 3rd party releases that reference Everbridge;
* Participation in strategic development of company messaging for products and services, customer and partnership wins, and corporate positioning;
* On-site PR support at industry trade events, conferences, and media events
What you’ll do;
- Development and execution of strategic external communications plans (including social and traditional media)
- Development and evangelization of use cases that support Everbridge’s value proposition to key industries including Retail, Financial Services, The Federal Market, Healthcare, Higher Education, among others.
- Development of internal communications and executive communications materials in support of the Everbridge employee brand and key initiatives from the Office of the CEO
- Regular engagement with top-tier national news media
- Message development to drive proactive positive news opportunities, issues management, content marketing and syndication
- Develop and position key internal leaders/executives as industry experts and thought leaders
- Support for corporate website, executive communications, internal communications and customer advocacy
- Review and coordination with international counterparts
What you’ll have;
- 10+ years in B2B high technology public relations role (corporate or agency)
- Experience and understanding of enterprise SaaS market (ideal candidate is familiar with security, emergency management, SaaS and PaaS sectors and technologies)
- Experience in writing for the marketing of high-tech solutions/products
- Confidence in accompanying executive spokespersons on media tours
- Ability to work effectively on multiple projects in a fast-paced team environment
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with online research tools
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or computer science fields preferred
At Everbridge, we have a mission that matters – to keep people safe and businesses running during critical events. Our “Bridgers” join Everbridge to make a positive impact on the world through their work. The core of our company culture is built around making a difference. Our people are dedicated to solving problems during difficult times and challenging situations as our software was built to save lives.
We are a rapidly growing organization transforming the field of critical event management and need passionate, committed and determined individuals to help us carry out our mission. Our environment is dynamic, and our culture is constantly evolving and expanding in order to provide the best employee experience.
Click here to learn more about what we do. Passionate about our mission? Want to #BeTheBridge? Apply to be a part of our team today!
Everbridge is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, or sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.