Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
We’re looking for a Director of Content and Organic Marketing to own the vision and strategy for the next phase of Toast’s world-class content and SEO programs. In this leadership role, you’ll identify new ways to drive business value through these two critical demand channels for the business, and you’ll build and coach the high-performing team that will help us get there.
You’ll lead the prioritization, budgeting, and resourcing of our content and SEO investments and develop a content strategy that serves our business’ needs. You’ll partner closely with department leads to ensure we have a cohesive and effective content strategy that sets us up to scale as we enter new categories and broaden the role of content within the business. You’ll bring together content across the full customer journey and educate the business on the value and influence of a seamless end-to-end educational experience for our customers — attracting new prospects to Toast, engaging them as part of the community, educating them about our products, and ultimately connecting with them on a personal level as they grow their businesses and careers with Toast.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Craft a long-term vision for content at Toast that defines content marketing as a best-in-class differentiator for our company. Look for opportunities to shape content into a strategic moat for the business, owning everything from the strategy to execution and performance.
- Develop a vision of what a content organization should look like, including the teams that are experts in writing, acquisition, lead nurturing, subject matter knowledge, and production.
- Lead content insights, measurement, and performance, ultimately leading all decisions on how to build and scale our audience content engine.
- Direct on the growth strategy for organic traffic across Toast’s corporate website and content websites, leading the team that owns SEO and the roadmap to acquire new organic leads.
- Direct a team that can expand content output to new channels, audiences, demographics, locales, user preferences and/or situations. Partner with leaders across the organization to develop unique, relevant, and valuable content.
- Serve as a champion for content within Toast, be a representative to the executive team, and collaborate cross-functionally with other teams and departments like product and partner marketing, customer success and education, PR and comms, and sales.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Experience leading content marketing strategy, preferably in tech, editorial, or B2B.
- Passionate about building successful content programs that build brand awareness, drive growth, and provide value to an audience.
- Experience growing traffic, lead generation, and audience engagement through unique, relevant, and sophisticated content programs.
- Understanding of SEO foundations and ultimately know how to best set up our content and websites for success in search.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills. You are just as comfortable giving a presentation to the CEO as you are speaking with an engineer, a designer, or a copywriter.
- Naturally self-directed, operate at a high cadence, and enthusiastic about building and managing high-performing remote teams.
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.