Why You Should Join the Marketing Team
The marketing team is special — a collection of powerful misfits, passionate doers, creative strategists and insatiable dreamers. We’re looking for people nothing like us to make our diverse group more diverse and broaden our collective thought.
Our customers aren’t simply special. To us, they are our lifeblood. They are entrepreneurs. Parents. Providers. They put their livelihood on the line every day to make their dreams come true. Our customers are inspired and inspiring. We have helped over 265,000+ of them grow and yet we have millions more people to serve and work to do to get there.
We’re looking to hire a Director of Account Based Marketing (ABM). An individual who will own and scale our ABM program, strategy, and budget. You will be responsible for delivering warm MQLs to the sales team to drive opportunities, pipeline, and MRR (Monthly Recurring Revenue) associated with our annual goals.
How You Will Make a Difference
- You will drive the strategy and execution behind our ABM efforts. You’ll take a data centric approach by onboarding the best-in-class digital technologies to support your vision—ultimately tasked with growing pipeline and MRR from our core segments and regions.
- You will be a collaborator—working closely with marketing sub teams (Brand Activations, Product Marketing, Demand Generation, and the Web Team) as well as with sales leadership, sales operations, inside sales, and the business development team.
- You’ll partner with sales and marketing to build our master account based marketing community brand list.
- Your newly created community brand list will influence our web personalization tactics as well as our Brand Activation attendee list.
- You’ll develop our ABM playbook that is based on industry best practices but is as fresh and unique as the Klaviyo community. You’ll take everything you know, break it down, and Klaviyo-ize it.
- You will focus on strategically planning and executing 1:1, 1:few and 1:many programs aligned at driving new customers into our community.
- You will standardize ABM metrics, defining KPIs, and evangelizing them across Klaviyo.
- At the end of year one, you will have supported Klaviyo’s overall marketing and sales efforts by securing 10 new marquee logos, logos that our competitors will eye with jealousy.
- You will build a deep understanding of the eCommerce space, using that understanding to translate the needs of our upmarket prospect customers into compelling ABM programs.
Who You Are
- A self-starter and someone who thrives in fast-paced environments.
- A metrics-driven creative thinker—standard ABM programs are just that, standard. You’ll look to build a marquee program that feels less like a sales motion and more like an invitation to join an amazing community.
- A proven ABM guru, you’ve done this before and are now looking to break the mold in your new role.
- An educator who can lead and coach sales and marketing teams on how to scale ABM.
- Budget aware; you’re comfortable owning a large budget, and operating to the budget. You’re also not scared to ask for more budget when the idea is right.
- A strong partner, someone who will work closely with the Demand Generation team to scale our efforts globally.
- A risk taker, while you’re calculated with the risks you take, you also know that building the next great ABM program won’t come without risk. To stand out in a crowded market you know we need to stand up something remarkable.
- Someone who emphatically nodded at all of the above
What Your Work Will Look Like
- You’ll report to the VP of Performance Marketing in this global role
- You’ll be the source of truth on all things ABM
- You’ll be able to measure, understand, and communicate how all ABM campaigns are performing and driving impact for the business
- You’ll develop multiple ABM initiatives for 1:1 account targeting, 1: few programs, and 1: many tactics.
- You’ll map the ideal customer journey that starts with generating a response and ends with a new member to the Klaviyo community.
- You’ll leverage a deep understanding about our space, our competition, the Klaviyo platform and will use all of the information to create memorable programs.
- You’ll have big goals and a clear vision for achievement. With that, you’ll have the the ability to think creatively and strategically to make those visions and goals a reality
- You have 10+ years of experience in the ABM space
Get to know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company's hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
Klaviyo does not tolerate and prohibits discrimination, harassment or retaliation of or against job applicants, contractors, interns, volunteers or employees by another employee, supervisor, vendor, customer or any third party.