Digital Marketing Manager - Organic Social Media at BitSight Technologies
Are you passionate about social media? Are you a skilled storyteller who can bring to life a brand story using social? Do you like writing, creating and analyzing eye-catching B2B content for an audience that’s eager to consume it? Are you interested in putting your social media prowess to work as part of a growing, fast-paced marketing organization? BitSight is looking for a Digital Marketing Manager - Organic Social to join our team and help us create the social spark we’ve been missing!
We are looking for a driven Social Media Manager to attract and interact with targeted virtual communities to help make the BitSight brand an example of social superiority. The goal is to gradually achieve excellent customer engagement and intimacy, website traffic, and revenue by strategically exploiting all aspects of the social media marketing roadmap.
The Digital Marketing Manager - Organic Social will own the social media strategy from ideation through execution and measurement. The ideal candidate should have a solid understanding of how each social media channel works and how to create and optimize content so that it is engaging and performs on those channels.
The Digital Marketing Manager - Organic Social will work collaboratively and in lockstep with our marketing teams (Brand, Digital, Product, Customer and Field Marketing), as well as across additional departments such as sales and product, to own the development & execution of dynamic content that is both concise and visually appealing, executing against the social strategy at scale.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Build and execute a social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging, and audience identification
- Think global. Partner with regional and country managers to enhance global social strategy, provide counsel and content opportunities to local channel owners, and ultimately ensure consistent, strong brand representation.
- Generate, edit, publish and share daily content (original text, images, video, or HTML) that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action
- Set up and optimize company pages within each platform to increase the visibility of the company’s social content
- Recommend innovative ways for employees to amplify BitSight’s story via social media
- Create and execute on a social media editorial calendar and syndication schedule for all social channels in support of brand awareness, lead generation and thought leadership
- Continuously improve by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights, and best practices, and then acting on the information
- Collaborate with PR and Brand teams to amplify Bitsight news and support PR activities and campaigns.
- Research social media trends and recommend ways for BitSight to apply to its social channels
- Collaborate with other departments to manage reputation, identify key players, and coordinate actions
- Work with agencies and BitSight global teams to develop and manage creative, engaging and results-driven social media campaigns
- Collaborate with key stakeholders on curating and developing content
- Provide executive leadership, company spokespeople, and members of sales or marketing teams with content to post on respective channels when key events or promotions occur
- Perform weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly audits and assess current state of BitSight social media accounts, comparing performance and strategy to industry benchmarks
- Monitor online discussions and engagement in a timely manner
- Excellent story-telling, writing and research skills with attention to detail
- Highly organized with strong project management skills
- Able to produce and execute under tight deadlines
- Takes initiative and ability to self-educate to stay-up to-date with current social media trends
- Self-motivated multi-tasker, and deadline-driven
- Strong communicator at all levels of the organization
- Hootsuite, Sprinklr or other social listening tool experience required
- Hubspot or other marketing automation tool desired
- Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- The ideal candidate has a minimum of 6-7 years of social media experience, preferably for global organizations. Manager is creative and thoughtful about how to bring BitSight’s brand story to life using social media tools.
- Must be digitally savvy and able to keep up with the constantly evolving nature of social media
- Understands the 24/7 nature of social media; flexible and willing to monitor social conversations, including outside business hours when potential issues can arise
- Sound judgment with a solid understanding of when to proactively escalate issues on social media
- Understands the benefits and risks of various social media platforms and provides solid counsel about platform recommendations
- An excellent copywriter who quickly and succinctly captures the BitSight brand and creates a narrative to tell the company’s story
- Bias for measurement and reporting. Has a solid understanding of ways to measure social media performance and translate to business goals and objectives
- Willingness to learn and to keep up with best practices for social engagement
- Flexible and willing to pivot as needed to ensure BitSight’s social media presence is maximized
- Maintains a sense of calm when under pressure, multitasks and manages multiple deadlines and conflicting priorities either individually or as a member of a team
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing/communications or related field preferred