Digital Channel Manager at Peapod Digital Labs
What’s Our Dish
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs (PDL) is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that powers the eCommerce and digital strategies for the Great Local Brands of Ahold Delhaize USA. Accelerating growth in digital and personalization capabilities, PDL is an innovation lab focused on meeting the changing needs of customers, regardless of when, where, and how consumers choose to shop.
Peapod continues to be a consumer-facing eCommerce brand, and is part of Peapod Digital Labs, focused on growing Peapod sales to consumers.
Browse The Aisles
Oversee the planning, development, and execution of email, SMS, and push campaigns to drive customer engagement, retention, and optimized digital contact strategies. Partner with the banner marketing teams by providing thought leadership to help support and drive their customer engagement and loyalty strategies through digital communication channels. Oversee a team of internal specialists and external vendor support resources in the production and execution of digital campaigns that deliver on our brands business objectives.
Recipe for Success - What's "in store" for the role
- Partner with the internal teams to plan, develop, and execute email, SMS and Push campaigns that align with program goals as well as with overall business strategy.
- Oversee internal and external teams to optimize planning, scheduling, and execution of assigned programs to meet deployment deadlines.
- Oversee all tasks that pertain to email, SMS, and Push project management process.
- Responsible for the management of and relationship with our Email Service Provider (Salesforce/Exact Target).
- Work with internal teams and outside vendors to setup and manage optimal integrations between ESP and digital platforms as well as other internal and external data sources.
- Ensure overall banner marketing team satisfaction through proactive communication and be accountable for the accuracy, timeliness, and consistency of all cross-channel campaigns executed.
- Partner with IT departments and Solutions team to manage list hygiene and deliverability.
- Set measurable objectives; ensure tracking/reporting capabilities, manage evaluating and reporting campaign results.
- Manage programs in adherence with internal consumer data security policies.
- Stay current with industry trends best in class customer experiences to drive lifetime customer loyalty and long-term sales growth.
The Essentials In Your Cart - The required ingredients
Bachelor Degree in Marketing, Business or equivalent work experience
5+ years experience with enterprise-level email and mobile marketing
Extra Spices - What you should bring to the table
Deep working knowledge and experience operating in Salesforce Marketing Cloud
Strong working knowledge of database marketing and marketing automation to drive personalized customer engagement
Detail oriented with strong project management skills and ability to juggle competing priorities
Experience leveraging segmentation strategies and mapping out customer journeys to deliver the right message throughout the customer lifecycle
Experience coding emails with HTML/CSS and working with dynamic scripting language (e.g. AMPScript)
Experience working in CRM or digital marketing agency supporting a roster of clients (preferred)
Experience working in retail industry (preferred)
Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills
Ability to adapt quickly, drive change, and lead cross-functional teams to ensure KPI's are met and initiatives are delivered on schedule
Ability to lead direct reports through coaching and development feedback
Requires some travel – typically 10-15%
Join Us at Our Table
Peapod Digital Labs is a forward-thinking company with a strong legacy of innovation. We recognize who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees, including: great health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, and generous and flexible paid time off.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.