Customer Marketing Manager at Toast
Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
The Toast Customer Marketing team is responsible for driving advocacy, revenue, and retention from our restaurant customer base. In this role, you will lead the customer marketing strategy for Toast Hardware and Professional Services products. You will be responsible for the go-to customer motion, driving awareness, growth and activation of new and existing products/services.
Toast Hardware includes the purpose built POS terminals, handhelds, kitchen display screens, kiosks, printers, and more that run Toast Software products to help restaurants improve operational efficiency and deliver great guest experiences. Professional Services help customers get the most from Toast with a full suite of dedicated, one-on-one services.
The ideal candidate enjoys both marketing campaign strategy and execution, has a proven track record of launching new products, and excels in a hyper-growth business-to-business environment. If you’re a creative and analytical team player with a “get stuff done” attitude, read on!
About this roll*:
- Develop the go-to-customer marketing plan for hardware and professional services products, including segments, channel mix, messaging, and success metrics.
- Execute end-to-end marketing campaigns including copywriting, marketing operations, internal enablement, and postmortem analysis
- Interpret data to identify gaps and opportunities to drive conversion
- Collaborate with Product Marketing, Professional Services, and Hardware Product teams to execute campaigns that drive behavior from the existing Toast POS customer base
- Partner with the Ecommerce team to deliver an optimized self-service purchase and onboarding experience for hardware and professional services products
- Develop and scale a “hardware refresh” motion for legacy Toast customers
- Build the customer playbook to support high-impact product launches
- Collaborate with Enablement team to drive appropriate action from customer-facing teams including Customer Care, Restaurant Success, and Sales
- Develop and execute the customer communication plan to support hardware end-of-life initiatives, as needed
Do you have the right ingredients*?:
- Adaptive, resilient and able to succeed in a fast-paced, changing, dynamic environment, with proven ability to be both a leader and an individual contributor
- Experience with B2B marketing
- Experience influencing senior leaders and cross-functional working groups
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to combine complex content into a clear and cohesive story to gain both internal and external buy-in.
- Ability to navigate complex scenarios and to develop an incremental “crawl, walk, run” approach to addressing challenges
- Experience with hardware and supply chain management
- Experience in Salesforce and Business intelligence tools (such as Looker)
Our Spread* of Total Rewards:
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
At Toast, we believe that the success of our business and our customers comes only with the success of our employees.
Our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are empowered to succeed, Toast succeeds in achieving our mission to enable our community of restaurateurs to delight their guests, do what they love, and thrive. The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
At the heart of this is our hospitality mindset of ensuring everyone feels welcomed and included, and our Toast values and behaviors that best define who we are as Toasters.
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.