Love dogs? This is the place for you!
Discover your dog more than fur deep with the most comprehensive DNA test on the market. Designed by world leaders in dog genetics, in partnership with Cornell University, the Embark DNA Test tells owners what breeds make up their pets, how to prevent future possible health problems, and what features and traits their pet might have. Help us end preventable disease in dogs and improve the lives of pets and their people through genomics.
Embark is the only dog DNA test using a research-grade DNA microarray, letting us give our customers the most accurate and comprehensive results on the market. More importantly, it allows us to do ongoing research into the genetics of dogs, which are a fantastic population for genetic discovery due to selective breeding over time. Our research focuses on mapping new traits and diseases, improving personalized veterinary medicine, and developing new breeding programs to eliminate preventable diseases in pets.
Interested in joining? We're looking for highly motivated and driven employees who will help us stay on the cutting edge of creativity and innovation in the fast-growing consumer genetics space.
Embark is seeking a savvy wordsmith with copywriting experience to join our team. Candidates must love to write and have experience writing copy for an established brand.
This is a multi-faceted position that reports directly to the Communications Manager. The job is fast-paced and requires a creative individual who’s a seasoned writer, an excellent subject researcher, and has experience aiding in the production of creative content across a wide variety of channels. Some background knowledge of dogs, health, and science would be a plus.
- Creating and editing original copy that is accurate, well-researched, and meets company needs and deadlines.
- Writing SEO optimized content that engages with our target audiences and positions us as a thought leader in our space.
- Conducting research to formulate ideas or support writing.
- Learning about the target audience for copy.
- Assisting in other aspects of the creative or research processes to create cohesive, accurate content.
- Maintain SEO strategy and update regularly, especially when Google changes algorithms.
- Meticulously self-edit work.
- Work with Communications Manager to edit work from other departments, including emails, site copy, ads, etc.
- BA/BS Degree in copywriting or relevant field.
- Ability to work collaboratively with Marketing, Product, Engineering, and Operations teams.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience as a professional writer.
- Expert in AP style.
- An analytical mind and interest in using data to optimize/scale content.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work independently and manage projects with many moving parts.
- Excellent communicator -- both written and verbal.
- Ability to use WordPress preferred.
- Sense of humor.
- Strongly preferred: a love of dogs.
What We Offer
- Competitive salaries, all-inclusive health care, and equity participation
- Startup perks with big-company benefits
- A flexible vacation policy along with paid maternal and paternal leave
- Dog-friendly office near South Station, Boston
- Fully-stocked office snack bar and regular office events
- Perks tailored for dog lovers including subsidized dog-walking services and paw-ternity leave
- New iMacs and MacBook Pros
- Continuing education including attending conferences
Embark Veterinary Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.