Content Marketing Manager
Over the years at Wistia, our blog has proven to be one of our most invaluable marketing assets—if you’re a marketer who’s made a video over the past ten years, chances are you’ve read one of our posts. This engaging, creative content has helped us build the well-loved brand we're known for today. And that's because we have high standards when it comes to producing quality content that truly adds value to our reader's lives in one way or another. We don't believe in just churning out content for meaningless clicks—instead, we aim to educate, delight, and inspire our audience to build better brands themselves with the power of video. There's a tremendous opportunity here at Wistia to continue to grow our already thriving blog and to ensure that we're getting most out of the content we create. Sound interesting? Read on!
If you're an observant, creative, self-motivated content marketer, then this might be the role for you. You'll be responsible for setting the strategy for our award-winning blog (and seeing that strategy through from ideation to publication). You'll also work closely with other content creators, copywriters, and videographers on the Content & Creative team, as well as the entire Marketing team, to deliver and produce top-notch content. Reporting directly to the Associate Dir. of Content & Creative, you'll work to ensure that all the content on our blog and beyond is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality, and tone of voice, and strategically aligned with business goals.
- Collaborate across functions to deliver an effective content marketing strategy and an editorial plan that meets key business objectives and is aligned with company goals
- Build out comprehensive, creative content campaigns, working closely with the Director of Demand Generation to ensure we are nurturing and converting the right folks.
- Amplify our blog content and expand its reach with a robust distribution strategy, including assessing co-marketing opportunities and pro-actively discovering new distribution channels and tactics
- Measure the success of our content marketing efforts by developing actionable KPIs and dashboards for program monitoring; sharing results with relevant teams and stakeholders regularly
- Manage the content creation process from ideation all the way through publication; assessing team needs, facilitating brainstorming sessions, revising drafts, formatting, and distributing content
- Work with copywriters, videographers, and marketers as well as an external agency to create top-notch, engaging content while managing the editorial calendar and strategically prioritizing certain pieces of content over others
- Use your understanding of SEO best practices to drive traffic to our site and ensure our content is up to date, refreshed, and accessible to all
The best candidates will have:
- 3-5+ years of relevant marketing experience in a content marketing/creation role
- Outstanding writing skills and the ability (and desire!) to edit for substance
- Ability to analyze and understand content performance metrics, identifying trends and patterns
- Detail-oriented with amazing project management skills
- Highly collaborative and flexible, willing to adapt
- Proficiency with Google Analytics, SEO best practices and trends, and familiarity with popular CMS
- Basic understanding of HTML and Adobe Creative Suite incredibly helpful
- Interest in and passion for exploring non-written media formats, like videos and podcasts
We work hard to ensure Wistia is an inclusive and diverse place where everyone feels happy, fulfilled, respected, comfortable, and welcome. You can learn more about the type of company we’re building on our blog. Check out our Jobs page to get a feel for our culture and the benefits of working at Wistia.
We want you to grow, contribute, and have fun here! We know the biggest investment we can make is in our employees, so
- A competitive salary
- 401k with 3% company contribution, regardless of whether you make contributions
- Flexible hours
- Fully paid healthcare coverage for you and your family (including dental) and a healthcare FSA
- Up to 16 weeks paid family leave
- Flexible vacation and sick leave
- Transportation subsidies
- A convenient office just south of Central Square in Cambridge, MA. We're right on the Red Line, surrounded by great restaurants, parks, and even a dog park