Content Marketing Manager at Embark Veterinary
Discover your dog more than fur deep with the most comprehensive DNA test on the market. Designed by world leaders in dog genetics, in partnership with Cornell University, the Embark DNA Test tells owners what breeds make up their pets, how to prevent future possible health problems, and what features and traits their pet might have. Help us end preventable disease in dogs and improve the lives of pets and their people through genomics.
Embark is the only dog DNA test using a research-grade DNA microarray, letting us give our customers the most accurate and comprehensive results on the market. More importantly, it allows us to do ongoing research into the genetics of dogs, which are a fantastic population for genetic discovery due to selective breeding over time. Our research focuses on mapping new traits and diseases, improving personalized veterinary medicine, and developing new breeding programs to eliminate preventable diseases in pets.
Interested in joining? We’re looking for highly motivated and driven employees who will help us stay on the cutting edge of creativity and innovation in the fast-growing consumer genetics space.
We are looking for an experienced content marketer to join our marketing team. As our Content Marketing Manager, you'll create and manage a winning content production plan that builds awareness, captivates prospects, and helps customers (re)engage with their dogs and our content in new ways. You'll understand our buyers' journey inside and out, and produce content that drives engagement every step of the way.
In this cross-functional role you'll work with designers, marketers, and scientists to define our voice and bring it to life. In doing so, your words will touch every medium. Bring your pawsitive sense of humor, dog puns, and an ability to inspire to this role. If you are as excited to perfect an error state message as you are to define the messaging for a game-changing product launch, let's talk.
- Drive Embark’s content strategy. Plan, produce, and distribute engaging content for brand awareness, demand generation, and thought leadership efforts
- Work cross-functionally to develop and execute on distribution plans, collaborate with scientists, veterinary geneticists, breeders and other contributors from around the company to produce understandable scientific content
- Manage the entire editorial process, including ideation, drafting, design, distribution, promotion, and measurement.
- Write and create blog posts, white-papers, webinars, videos, and other assets that map directly to customer lifecycle
- Expand Embark’s thought leadership efforts in both the scientific community and the broader dog lover space, identifying opportunities for our content beyond our own properties
- Work with the communications team to partner in effectively telling our industry-specific stories in key publications
- Drive SEO efforts: identify top-of-funnel keywords around which we can build content to drive traffic; execute content development
- Participate in strategic planning with senior leadership, ensuring that day-to-day and near-term work aligns with our long-term strategy
- Set aggressive quarterly goals and regularly report on progress
- Significant content marketing experience: a strong, dynamic writer with demonstrated ability to produce engaging, and at times technical, content for B2C audiences.
- Proven track record of producing ROI-positive content marketing, ability to analyze data to demonstrate success.
- Top-notch storyteller and editor.
- Ability to balance speed and attention to detail.
- Ability to connect and work well with cross-functional team members; leadership experience a plus.
- Love of the Oxford comma needed, desired, and required.
- Ability to thrive and adapt in a high growth, rapidly changing environment.
What We Offer
- Dog-friendly office
- Perks for dog lovers including subsidized dog-walking services and paw-ternity leave
- Startup culture with big-company benefits (yes, there’s a ping pong table)
- Competitive salaries, all-inclusive health care, and equity participation
- A flexible vacation policy along with paid maternal and paternal leave
- Fully-stocked office snack bar and regular office events
- New iMacs and MacBook Pros
- Training opportunities, including conference attendance, role-specific classes, and more
Embark Veterinary Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.