Chief Marketing Officer
Mirakl is powering the platform economy by providing the leading technology and partner ecosystem needed to launch an eCommerce marketplace. We are:
- The global leader in marketplace platform software, at the heart of digital transformation of the world's largest organizations
- A global company, headquartered in Paris, with 200+ employees and offices in Boston, London, Munich, Barcelona, Stockholm, and São Paulo
- A rapidly growing organization that just raised a $70M Series C round of funding from prestigious investors Bain Capital Ventures, Elaia, Felix Capital, and 83 North bringing our total investment to $100M
- Enabling over 200 of the world’s leading B2B and B2C companies including Walmart, Conrad, Urban Outfitters, Siemens, and HPE to offer more, learn more, and sell more
- True to our core values: Innovate & Inspire, Satisfy & Empower Clients, Get Things Done, Go Above & Beyond, and Work Hard Together
Mirakl has grown its headcount by 200% in the past two years and will continue to bring onboard the best and brightest in 2019 and beyond. By 2020, Gartner predicts that over 50% of all online sellers will adopt marketplaces or include third-party sales in their eCommerce ecosystems. To support this rapid adoption of the marketplace model and further accelerate our growth, Mirakl is looking for a Chief Marketing Officer.
The Chief Marketing Officer will be responsible for leading the Mirakl marketing team and go-to-market strategy globally. This role requires deep knowledge of B2B marketing strategy with expertise in brand and awareness building, messaging & positioning, category creation, and managing the demand gen process while showcasing marketing ROI.
The role will also require you to:
- Ensure alignment with Sales, Client Success, and Alliances functions on the go-to-market & target account strategy.
- Facilitate c-level discussions to establish long-term and short-term business strategy.
- Build the annual marketing plan & budget and manage quarterly execution and reporting for marketing impact.
- Be highly involved in developing the category Mirakl operates in, and the market opportunities Mirakl addresses.
- Travel as needed both internationally and domestically in the United States. (30-40%)
- Have a passion for managing and developing your team (14 people today, to grow to 20+ by end of 2020).
- Bachelor's degree in Communications; Masters degree preferred
- 20+ years of experience in software marketing, 10+ years in leadership positions (eCommerce software marketing experience preferred)
- Experience managing a team of 20+ marketers
- Experience running Account-Based Marketing strategies
- Experience addressing a global audience (Understanding impacts such as GDPR)
- Experience building a B2B software brand and awareness (Including digital + print advertising)
- Previous customer facing experience required; customer oriented with highly professional communication skills
- Experience creating new market categories; working with industry analysts and other influencers to evangelize your market & solution
- Self-motivated, highly detail oriented and decisive
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Flexible travel schedule
This role can be based either out of our Paris office or our Boston office.