Brand Strategist (Director) at Skillsoft
At Skillsoft, we are all about making work matter. We believe every team member has the potential to be AMAZING. We are bold, sharp, driven and most of all, real. Join us in our quest to democratize learning and help individuals unleash their edge.
Skillsoft is looking for an experienced Brand Director to own and champion the newly refreshed Skillsoft and SumTotal brands. In this role, you will work closely with external agencies and lead the internal creative team to inspire, recognize and nurture bold, leading-edge creative ideas, and promote in-house expertise on topics such as co-branding, brand architecture, brand purpose, etc. It's an exciting time to be at Skillsoft, as we have a powerful story to tell and an opportunity, in a crowded market, to connect with clients and prospects by putting their interests first! The ideal candidate is a forward-thinking leader who is passionate about brand to lead the way, not just execute a playbook.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to CMO and be the internal expert to ensure brand alignment across the enterprise,
- Partner closely with our Global Marketing and Sales teams and oversee external agencies.
- Ensure the organization maintains brand consistency and integrity across all global initiatives.
- Lead internal brand activation.
- Oversee development of breakthrough advertising communications alongside agency partners.
- Provide guidance and consultation on branding best practices and common obstacles based on prior experiences.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- BA/BS degree and 10+ years working in brand management for a global organization and/or agency environment.
- 4+ years leading and developing teams.
- Strong thinking skills from both sides of the brain – analytics and intuition, and a knack for inspirational simplification.
- Experience working in a matrixed, cross functional organization.
- Deep experience in brand management, brand strategy and execution.
- Solid critical thinking skills across brand building, business and analytics
- Project management and coordination with internal and external partners.
- Maintain a high-bar for creative quality for yourself and others while pushing to find the best solution to meet company goals.
THIS ROLE CAN BE REMOTE - USA
Personally Accountable for Team Success. We unleash our edge together.
Confident Achievers. We are bold.
Intellectually Curious. We are sharp.
Adaptable, Agile & Resilient. We are driven.
Customer First. We are real.
MORE ABOUT SKILLSOFT:
Skillsoft delivers online learning, training, and talent solutions to help organizations unleash their edge. Leveraging immersive, engaging content, Skillsoft enables organizations to unlock the potential in their best assets – their people – and build teams with the skills they need for success. Empowering 36 million learners and counting, Skillsoft democratizes learning through an intelligent learning experience and a customized, learner-centric approach to skills development with resources for Leadership Development, Business Skills, Technology & Development, Digital Transformation, and Compliance.
Skillsoft and SumTotal are partners to thousands of leading global organizations, including many Fortune 500 companies. The company features three award-winning systems that support learning, performance and success: Skillsoft learning content, the Percipio intelligent learning experience platform, and the SumTotal suite for Talent Development, which offers measurable impact across the entire employee lifecycle. Learn more at www.skillsoft.com.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we would love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.
Skillsoft is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer: It is the policy of Skillsoft Corporation to provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability (mental or physical), protected veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by law.