Nuance is the pioneer and leader in conversational artificial intelligence (AI) innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. We deliver solutions that understand, analyze, and respond to people, amplifying human intelligence to increase productivity and improve security. With decades of both domain and AI expertise, we work with thousands of organizations across a wide range of industries.
Check out our team Life at Nuance!
Join our team! At Nuance, we are constantly reinventing how people connect with technology and with each other. Our AI-powered solutions empower organizations to transform “business as usual.” For decades, the world’s leading financial, healthcare, telecommunications, retailers, and government organizations have trusted Nuance to bring them award-winning solutions that deliver more meaningful outcomes and empower a smarter, more connected world. From clinical speech recognition technologies that free physicians to spend more time caring for patients to real-time intelligence that powers billions of customer interactions, we’re deeply committed to helping organizations push the boundaries of what’s possible.
Nuance is actively seeking to add a Sr. Intellectual Property/Technology Licensing Counsel to our team in Burlington, MA. This impressive individual will initially be working remotely, and eventually work from our HQ facility in MA once we return to our offices sometime in 2021. The position is responsible for assisting with the legal aspects of Nuance’s Global IP/Technology Transactions practice. The ideal candidate will have significant, broad-based experience in complex commercial negotiations and intellectual property licensing. Nuance offers a collegial and engaging environment providing an excellent opportunity to continue to develop strong skills and career growth.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage worldwide technology and IP transactions for artificial intelligence and speech-enabled solutions across Healthcare and Enterprise business units.
- Negotiate complex software and hardware licenses (in-bound and out-bound), and strategic partnership, professional services, data usage and hosted services (SaaS/PaaS) agreements.
- Provide support to global commercial legal group on complex IP issues in customer license and service agreements including indemnification, licensing, ownership and representations and warranties.
- Counsel cross-functional teams (product management, marketing, engineering, and sales) on best-practices for developing strategic partnerships.
- Analyze software and services agreements, such as API and developer agreements, to determine suitability of technology for company efforts.
- Oversee Open Source Software compliance program.
- Counsel on global intellectual property issues, including patenting and trademarking strategies.
- Able to form close working relationships with strategic business development, engineering, product management and sales groups across all business units.
Years of Experience: 4-6 years of experience
- Strong legal and analytical skills with excellent judgment and initiative
- Practical experience working in intellectual property and technology licensing (inbound and outbound)
- Experiencing navigating complex commercial transactions and strategic collaborations
- Excellent academic credentials and strong verbal and written communication skills
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance celebrates diversity and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by law or Nuance policy. If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 and let us know.