Nuance Communications, Inc. is the pioneer and leader in conversational AI innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. The company delivers solutions that understand, analyze and respond to human language, amplifying human intelligence. With decades of domain and artificial intelligence expertise, Nuance works with thousands of organizations – in healthcare, telecommunications, automotive, financial services, retail, and more – to create stronger relationships and better experiences for their customers.
Join our Automotive team…intelligent systems now ready for the road. We are passionate about developing intelligent interfaces that enable people to talk to their cars, phones, devices, and other smart “things”.
At Nuance Automotive, we’re futurists, re-imagining what’s possible at the intersection of humans, mobility and machines – then making it happen. If you’re ready to be a part of building and delivering the ultimate, future-ready mobility experience that is miles ahead of the competition, you should join us. Building on our deep expertise and unparalleled innovation, we are accelerating the pace of change and transforming the in-car cockpit. We’ve reimagined and redefined the mobility experience, creating a new standard that goes beyond driving to a connected and informed world. Today, we’re shrinking the gap between the driver and the automobile, transforming the machine into a natural extension of the human inside.
While we’re busy building the next generation of the in-car user experience, we’re also focused on the next step: spinning off from Nuance into a new, independent, publicly traded company that will be solely focused on the growing mobility assistant market and its adjacent opportunities – autonomous cars, smart cities, enhanced shared mobility, and more – that are on the horizon. Our new company will be a fast-moving, innovative organization that will use our 20-year history as a springboard to the next level. There’s never been a more exciting time to join Nuance Automotive.
Performs paralegal functions of a variable, complex, problem solving and responsible nature which require a significant degree of knowledge, decision-making skills and independent judgment.
- Subsidiary governance/legal compliance
- Actively monitor and assure compliance with NASDAQ exchange rules;
- Maintain internal legal corporate files, including SEC files, and assist with the administration and operation of the Company’s disclosure committee
- Primary responsibility for maintenance of corporate minute books and records.
- Prepare stock powers and effect stock transfers
- Assist with corporate real estate activities
- Maintain internal legal department and corporate files
- Assist with due diligence for transactions and the associated preparation and review of disclosure schedules
- Assist with invoicing and budgeting processes
- Support various projects as needed
Knowledge & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience. Certified Paralegal credentials preferred
- 5+ years public company maintenance and securities law experience
- Excellent program management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Highly motivated self-starter, ability to work independently
- Strong technical clinical, and problem-solving skills
- Strong work ethic with a methodical approach to new challenges
- Strong time management skills; able to produce high quality work in a fast-paced environment and complete multiple, concurrent assignments including the ability to prioritize and multitask
- Ability to comfortably interact and clearly communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization and within external stakeholder organizations
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.