Visual UX Design Intern
Nuance is the pioneer and leader in conversational artificial intelligence (AI) innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. We deliver solutions that understand, analyze, and respond to people, amplifying human intelligence to increase productivity and improve security. With decades of both domain and AI expertise, we work with thousands of organizations across a wide range of industries.
Join our team! At Nuance, we are constantly reinventing how people connect with technology and with each other. Our AI-powered solutions empower organizations to transform “business as usual.” For decades, the world’s leading financial, healthcare, telecommunications, retailers, and government organizations have trusted Nuance to bring them award-winning solutions that deliver more meaningful outcomes and empower a smarter, more connected world. From clinical speech recognition technologies that free physicians to spend more time caring for patients to real-time intelligence that powers billions of customer interactions, we’re deeply committed to helping organizations push the boundaries of what’s possible.
Nuance Communications is looking for help from the next generation of UX/UI designers. We are seeking someone who enjoys the challenge of both design and technical work to design slick and modern UI for our customers. If you’re a talented designer with a passion for new technologies then this is the position for you!
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Assist the UX/UI team with tackling a wide range of design challenges
- Work on projects through multiple stages of design, from wire framing, to rapid prototyping, to polished high fidelity designs
- Collaborate closely with our incredibly talent team of designers and developers to output top notch user interfaces.
- Assist the UX/UI team to create and conduct user research and usability testing
- Help promote UX/UI values throughout the core-tech team and company
Education: Pursuing a Bachelor's degree
Experience: 0+ years
- A portfolio that demonstrates strong understanding of UX/UI fundamentals
- Passion for solving UX and visual design challenges
- Desire to learn new skills
- Strong skills using Sketch, and familiarity with other modern design tools (Abstract, Framer, Figma, XD, Principle etc.)
- Proficiency with Adobe CC
- Experience coding HTML, CSS and/or JS a plus!
- An interest in keeping up-to-date with trends in UX/UI design.
- Experience working with remote teams is a plus
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills. You will be working on a multi-disciplinary team, where communication is key.
- While we want someone who is strong in visual design, we need someone who has the mindset of a design generalist.
- Any programing, we do not care what level just that you have done some and understand how to work with developers.
- A big plus if you can build a website on your own or using a CMS